“ESTES NIGHTMARE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Riverside, Texas
“ESTES NIGHTMARE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

we stayed in june of 2013 the hot tub closes at 8 pm no ice avail after 8 pm the coffee maker was moldy and there was NO ac and it was in the 80's we wanted a refund and had to get the police involved to do it I do not recomend staying here

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank denise m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pueblo, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The place was disgusting. Mold in the coffee pot,bugs in the bed,food on the walls. We were told we could get our money back and to get our stuff together by the management and come back to the office for our refound. As soon as we walked out of the office they locked it up. We had to call the police to get our money back. The mng. was cussing and yelling at us even with the police there. We travel alot and never have been treated like this. THIS MAN SHOULD BE FIRED !!! We still had to pay a $25 cancelation fee . I would not recomend this place to my worst enemy. We got acouple rooms at the Coyote Inn and the place was great and so was the service. Dont take the chance with the Budget Inn in Estes Park !

Room Tip: The Coyote Inn and the Columbine Inn are both decent places and affordable. The Budget Inn is the wo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lisa h

Travelers are raving about these Estes Park hotels

Firestone, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I read all thirty reviews for the Four Winds. Most of the negative reviews seem to be people wanting a 4 to 5 star hotel for $53 a night. I was afraid to book a room but could not find anything else available for the Memorial Day weekend on short notice so I took what I could get. After checking in I was afraid to come in the room. Boy, did we have a pleasant surprise. The property is a 1950's era motor lodge type property. The front desk staff were pleasant and polite. The price was right and our room was small but clean with a good bed. Our floor and sheets were fresh and clean, the sinks were clean as was the tub. The first thing I did was pull back the covers and look for a mold monster in the tub. Other than just some age in the room we found nothing wrong. We have enjoyed our stay here and WILL BE BACK.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lisa B
NE Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My friends and I had planned our get away trip for months. We were looking for a cheap hotel. This was our 3rd night in a different city, different hotel, ALL our hotels were under $100 bucks. This one didn't even come CLOSE to the quality of the others. The room stank like cigarette smoke and aged cheese. The blankets were this sponge material that was not going to keep us warm in 20 degree Colorado weather. We asked the lady for another room, or more blankets, and she completely ignored me. We found another hotel just seconds away, for $10 more a night, and it was FANTASTIC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Scoker77
Longmont, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My friend and i were planning this trip for over a month and couldnt wait for our trip. This place had so many problems i dont know where to start... Our first impression was old but i was ok with that just needed a place to sleep for 1 night. When i called to make our reservations I was quoted the price of 59.00. Ok 59.00 wasnt thinking it was going to be the Hilton. I should have hit the door running when our total was 108.00, however my mistake i guess. Paid for the room get our key peek through the window and can see the mirror is just nasty, looks like the maids took a dirty mop to it. So that leads me to believe that if you cant clean the mirror was the rest of the cleaned at all? moving on to the bathroom if there is pink mold around the drain im not going to shower here.. By this point im really starting to freak out. Pull back the blanket, no fitted sheets and the sheets were oh so bad, gross. Have never seen anything like this in my life. By this time im over being mad, i just paid 108.00 for one night in this place. To add insult to injury nasty hair on the clean sheets? Somebody please tell me your kidding. Try to to call the front desk and she wont answer the phone, we can see her but she wont pick up. Dodge 2 sprinklers and mud to get back to the office and told her we had a problem and what our issues were. She didnt seem to worried about any of it at all. She was more than willing to give us a smaller room with a smaller bed for the same price??? Are you out of your mind?? We asked for a refund and she did do that for us but she had no intrest in even looking at the problems with the room at all. I should have known when the maids were sitting outside smoking and they looked like teenagers their clean was not the same clean as mine. So if you want to stroll back to the 60s want to stay in a dirty room and get over charged this is the place for you. I dont want to see anyone lose their job but this place needs shut down. My friend and i now call it the low Budget host.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank charlene s
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I almost bypassed this place because of the reviews that are listed on this website, however we decided to stop in and check out the rooms and give it a try. My belief is that some of the people on this website are looking for 5 star hotel for less than 100 bucks a night. Let's get real people... you get what you pay for!. The room is clean ,air conditioner works, the heater works, and we had no problems. The office staff was very kind to us upon our late night arrival no reservations. Yes that bed was slightly uncomfortable and the hotel wasn't anything to write home about... But again you get what you pay for! My advice would be to give this place to try. My assessment is only made on a 1 night stay but I would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank TheWeases
CRAWFORD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our sheets were not only dirty but STAINED! When we informed the front dest the woman replied that the cleaning staff had gone home but WE could change the sheets if we would like! When we asked for another room we were given on that had not even been cleaned from the night before! The bed was still unmade, the was trash all over and the floor was filthy. When we reported this to the front desk, we were informed that the cleaning staff and 35 rooms to clean... (So what!!!). We left and went to the Comfort Inn less than a mile up the road. Best move I ever made. They should turn the Budget Host Four Winds into a dog kennel and let the human society shut it down! How this place stays open is beyond me! Don't risk it, stay elsewhere!

Room Tip: Stay away!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple