“You won't be disappointed!”

Rock Inn Mountain Tavern
Ranked #6 of 131 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Open 7 days a week at 4pm Sunday Mornings we are serving Brunch from 10am to 2pm Built in 1937as a dance hall for the Big Band Era, The Rock continues to be a lively gathering place with local flair. In the winter, our two wood-burning stoves keep the room toasty for folks stopping in for a beer or a bite after playing in Rocky Mountain National Park. During the summer season we enjoy stunning continental divide views from our outdoor dining patio. Our menu is an ever evolving blend of hand-crafted, hearty comfort food with a health and planet conscious twist. We aim to fill you up with goodness so you can get back to enjoying the mountains again tomorrow. We feature Certified Angus Beef, All-Natural Colorado chicken, fresh salads, whole grains, organic teas and coffees, local beers, sustainably produced wines, and a full bar. On Many Fridays after dinner, we set-up one of many original Colorado bands on our 76 year old stage, clear the dance floor and boogie all night. Some of the bands playing these days include Chain Station, James and the Devil, Old Town Pickers, The Sweet Lillies, Stringboard Theory, Cadillac Grip Funk, KC Groves, and many more. During the summer time, acoustic music acts play most other nights of the week, sunday nights are a mellower feeling as we host acoustic Colorado songwriters during dinner. You might catch Jon Pickett, Alex Thoele, Sarah Caton, Jay Roemer, Billy Shaddox, Jay Stott, or Terry Kishiyama and Ash Ganley. We also offer a great open bluegrass pick on Thursday nights lead by a few talented local musicians, either joining in on the pick or just sitting back and enjoying the bluegrass, tuesdays are a funny night of music. We look forward to having you join us. Reservations are not accepted, however if you want to give us a call, when you are on your way we will be happy to get a table ready for you or put you on the list. During the off-season there is rarely a wait. In July, August, and September it is best to get here before 6.
Kansas City
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed July 6, 2008

My family and I had the pleasure of eating at the Rock Inn on our recent trip to Estes Park. Everything tasted just wonderful. I had one of the best steaks (the filet) I have ever had. It was cooked to perfection. The waiter encouraged me to get the new potatoes (I normally would have jumped at the garlic mashed potatoes or the sweet potato french fries) but ! For our appetizers we got the bacon wrapped dates (such a yummy sweet and salty combination) and the mushroom pate along with some sweet potato french fries for the kids. Oh yes - we had kids ranging in age from six weeks to fourteen years of age. Everyone found something they liked on the menu (my niece very much enjoyed her white cheddar mac and cheese with peas). I saw a burger at the next table that looked incredible. We had to leave before the band started so I cannot comment on that., You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank KansasMother

San Antonio, Texas
“Friendly staff and good food”
Reviewed June 19, 2008

Looks like a log cabin with a great atomosphere. Dan waited on our table as the regular waitress was busy. He was friendly and accommodating as we piled him with questions regarding where we should hike with kids. The food was good. I had the salmon with mash potatoes and grilled veggies. My husband had the trout. We both enjoyed our meals. We capped off our dinner and wine by sharing a apple caramel sundae. Yummy. As we left the place at 9:30pm we were greeted by elk wandering along the road.

1 Thank txmamasan
sarasota, FL
“underwhelmed”
Reviewed June 19, 2008

Had dinner on June 10 after reading the reviews here on TA.
We really liked the "old Colorado" atmosphere as soon as you walk in the front door.
We were seated quickly and the waitress (Meredith) was very attentive and friendly. She was the highlight of the experience.
The bread was warm and fresh and the salad greens were crisp.
Than came the entrees....
I had ordered the trout ($19) and my dinner companion ordered the BBQ ribs. Both were less than what we had expected.
The trout was overcooked and had no flavor. The vegetables were also overcooked.
The BBQ ribs were not anything that could be recommended. Guess we should have ordered beef........
It was a disappointing evening..

2 Thank SRQgirl
Colorado
“The Only Place to Eat”
Reviewed March 28, 2008

We have visited Estes Park many times over the years. The biggest problem is trying to find a decent place to eat. But this trip we found the Rock Inn. What a great place. The food was wonderful. The ceasar salad was so fresh and the dressing was delicious. The veggies were cooked just perfect. They also have a great Happy Hour between 4 and 6 p.m. The waitress was very knowlegble about the menu and was able to tell us exacty how things were prepared to accomodate my husbands gluten free diet. The atmosphere is warm and cozy and very clean. We had such a great time at the Rock Inn that we ate there both nights! This is the only place to eat in Estes.

3 Thank springdays
Franklin, Tennessee
“a little over rated...but not much”
Reviewed March 11, 2008

I guess first off, don't be afraid when you pull up. From the outside, it looks like a redneck bar. But when you go in it has a very nice atmosphere. We came on Saturday, but I guess we were too early for music. Good beer selection. Found the food average. But to be fair we had the trout and I think they specialize more in the red meat category. I guess that's what we get for trying to eat healthy! But definitely worth the short trip from downtown.

2 Thank jreeves11345