“Worth the View”

Ranked #10 of 44 things to do in Estes Park
More attraction details
Owner description: 2005 Season May 21 - September 11
Reviewed July 23, 2013

You get a very great view at the top and basically unlimited time to look and walk around at the top of the mountain. Maybe a little pricey.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,251)
All reviews
in 155 reviews
"hike"
in 111 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

A great time and good value. A gift shop on the lower level and at the top souvenirs & basic food/drink outlet. Wonderful easy walks with magnificent views and the kids can feed the chipmunks. Hiking trails are available.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

An aerial tram whisked us to the station up the mountain. Upon arriving we walked along a pathway until we were at a spot that was breathtaking. For more than 180 degrees around you were majestic snow-capped mountains, fertile farmland, a river and a lake, as well as millions of fir trees and smaller tree-covered mountains. The view from that spot alone was worth the trip in the tram. There were dirt roads and we climbed the road to the summit of this particular mountain. It was a wonderful way to spend an afternoon and I highly recommend it!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great fun! We went with 2 year olds and 5 year old, and the tram was fine for them, in spite of the standing. They were not scared at all. There were nice places to climb at the top, and lots of chipmunks that would eat out of one's hands. The views were well worth it.

We got there at about 9:30 and only had a short wait, but by 11:00 when we came down, the line was much longer!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I called ahead, I promise I did! Traveling with my dad in a wheelchair & doing so for nearly 20 years, I have learned to call ahead to the unknown to see if things are safe. "Bring him on ahead" was the answer.

I should have had a clue when the signs proclaim proudly that this tram was built in 1955...a long time before ADA concerns were a concern. So armed with assurance it would be fine, imagine my shock and surprise when we got to the top. The cabin of the tram was at least a foot from the platform, about six inches above the platform and the platform slanted DOWN the mountain at a 45 degree angle. No barrier except the little gal who rode up with us to keep us from falling out of the door (?) with 1,000 feet of rocks and trees and cliff behind her, this created the scariest episode of my life. I tipped Dad back on the two back wheels and I'm certain an army of angels grabbed us up and safely deposited us on the part of the walkway that was safe. No way I could have done it myself.

I'm not upset with the folks who run the tram...I only really hold them accountable for their reaction...which was was to stare with disbelief that there was any problem at all. I requested more help from the workers there but there was no urgency or concern that a complete and utter disaster had just been avoided on the platform outside. Estes Park Aerial Tramway Owners, PLEASE create a better exit area before a disaster does occur!! At the very least a barrier more substantial than three pipes forming a "railing".

I just want to set forth this warning to others who might be as stupid as me to take somebody in a wheelchair to the top. Don't do it without several large men to help with the exit of the tram. Once we were on the concrete walkway that circles the building at the top, things were okay. Just tough to enjoy the wonderful view when I was so stressed out about getting back on the tram. I hope to return if only to take pictures of the spot where I nearly lost my Dad down a mountain..and in the process nearly took out an Estes Park Aerial Tramway worker.

3  Thank sas804