“Extremely rude ”

Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
Ranked #12 of 53 Shopping in Estes Park
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I came in with a gift card we won. The women at the counter wouldn't answer any questions about the chocolate but was very rude. We asked the price of a few things and she just kept saying everything is a different price by weight. Seemed like she just wanted us to leave, the chocolate we got all seemed very hard. Not to mention everything was highly overpriced.. Won't ever return.....

2  Thank Mjfoody
"safeway"
"founded"
"manufactured"

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Have stopped in here several times on visits to Estes Park. Good selection of treats although some are little pricey. This is the candy store where the bear broke in and helped himself last year. The shop has special bags of candy packaged up that include all of the "bear's favorites" and it's a great mixture. Very friendly staff!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have to start with a controversial statement, I don’t think American chocolate is as good quality as European chocolate, so perhaps I have high standards when it comes to chocolate. This place smells incredible and everything looks so mouthwatering. The staff are very friendly and there are lots of yummy treats to buy. But my oh my it is VERY expensive! I paid $14 for about 5 pieces of chocolate. Small boxes of chocolates start at about $20 and go up from there. Overall, I would say the quality is only ok. I think it is missing a certain smoothness richness and is very sweet. Maybe it is just my personal taste, but for me, it was not worth the cost.

If you do purchase here, make sure you get the price of items as you chose, because you may be in for a shock when you get your total!

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped into this store while visiting Estes Park. The store smelled great. However, the prices were way too expensive in my opinion. The individual cady selections were $20.99/lb. We bought a couple of things with peanut butter in them and those were really good. We also bought 1/2 lb of fudge at $12.99/lb. We got the Oreo fudge and we didn't care for it at all. We actually ended up throwing most of it away. Finally, I purchased a small bag of milk chocolates to bring home to a friend. It was around $5. I don't think there's anything in the store under $5. Overall, some of the chocolate was tasty but overpriced. Maybe ask to sample the fudge before buying any, which we did not think to do.

1  Thank whitespyder0