“Great breakfast! Not great service, but I would try it again.”

Mountain Home Cafe Inc.
Ranked #10 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Food was great, but the service was not so great. It appears to be a very popular place with the locals. Our breakfast was so good. My husband said he had not had hash browns that good in a very long time.

We were seated right away, and someone took our drink order. Eventually someone came and took our order. We had to wait about 30+ minutes for our food. When our food arrived, we didn't see our server again. After eating, we flagged down a waiter and asked for our bill. She said she would get it for us and we were to pay her. Another woman dropped the bill at our table and ran off. We waited for her or the other waiter to come back, but gave up and went to the front and paid there.

I would try this place again only because the food was really good. Service needs a lot of improvement.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Nice selection on menu, but service was very slow, waitress had to be called over to refill beverages. Taste of food was average, and coffee ok, but two ingredients for the California omelette were completely left out - the salsa was evident so had to flag down waitress to get it, but then realized the avocado was also missing and had to make another request. Too many other good places around to waste your time here.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Breakfast was really very average. The service was just so-so. If you just want a quick bite this is an OK place.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We arrived at the cafe around 11:30 a.m. and didn't have to wait long to be seated. The service was very good, and our water was refilled without having to ask. I may not have the exact dishes listed by correct name, but as I recall, I ordered the Arizona hashbrowns and my husband ordered the Rocky Mountain Scramble. The food arrived quickly and everything was still hot. The only complaint we had was the lack of seasoning. My husband expected a little more "kick" in his dish, as it had corizo sausage in it. I shared my salsa and it helped his dish. A good shake of the salt shaker also helped mine. If ever in Estes Park again, however, we would revisit the cafe and recommend it for anyone traveling there.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We Have eaten here several times and are never disappointed. French toast is great. Service is wonderful. Seating outside offers lovely views of mountains. You should go!