“Very Relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Nashville, MI
“Very Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed for 7 nights and it was the best sleep I have had in months. Newer mattress, very clean, quiet, close to town and the National Park. Adults only which is nice if you're an empty nester and like the peace and quiet. The owners are the sweetest people and make sure you enjoy your stay. We plan on staying there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

Deer Crest boasts rooms all overlooking Fall River with a well-appointed area for relaxing as you enjoy the tranquil sounds of the river and views of the Rocky Mountains. Decks or patios appear to be associated with all rooms as well. Amenities also include comfortable sofas and chairs, fridge w/separate freezer, microwave, coffeemaker as well as remote-controlled fireplaces--nice touch. In addition, it's an adults-only property. The owners were exceptionally accommodating (readied our room early and offered to store our refrigerated items while we waited) and friendly.
They get it right at Deer Crest.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Westminster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

I loved our room overlooking the river. It was so relaxing drinking hot chocolate and listening to the river from our patio area. Great comfortable room. Large and spacious. Nice bathroom area. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DianaWestminster_CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

You can find newer and fancier places to stay, but I'm not sure why you would want to. Deer Crest is in a very quiet area, a little bit west of over-developed, traffic-jammed downtown Estes Park. The entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park is three miles away. We spent two days here, paying about $109 a night when you add in the lugs. It's basically a mom-and-pop motel, very pleasant, very homey. They advertise themselves as adults-only and no-smoking. Why can't more resorts do that? Most of the rooms overlook the Fall River, which is just steps from your door. You can enjoy your afternoon beverage sitting in the yard, watching gophers run through rocks, listening to the river pound its way down the valley, and looking up at mountains. The rooms are fine, decently appointed, and everything worked. The bathroom is small, and you should try for an upstairs room, because in our downstairs room you could hear people walking around upstairs. There's plenty of parking just steps from your room. The pool is nice. There is no restaurant, but an excellent one next door gives you a discount.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bigredjohn
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2010

Ken and Carrie were helpful with things to do in the area. They had DVD's of Rocky Mountain National Park. It was a beautiful and quiet location on the Fall River where one could enjoy your morning coffee while watching elk and marmots with the sounds of the river. It is very easy to walk on sidewalks into town and an easy drive into the National Park. Restaurant is very close by. We had a very relaxing and restful time while hiking and enjoying the outdoors. Can't wait to be able to get away again and renew ourselves there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank retiredgrandma09
Saint Louis, Missouri USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2010

I was looking for a quiet and reasonably priced place to stay while hiking through Rocky Mountain National Park during the day and writing on my laptop at night. I found that place in Deer Crest Resort. I just returned from my trip yesterday. I was more than happy to pay the extremely modest bill for my two-day stay.

The main entrance to RMNP is only a few minutes away to the west of the Resort. Estes Park (with its many restaurants) is a few minutes away in the to the east. The atmosphere of the Resort is completely functional and a bit rustic; nothing pretentious about it. And that's exactly what I was looking for. Ken, the owner, was ever-helpful. He made me feel entirely at home. I will always be grateful to him for encouraging me to borrow some of the Resort's snow shoes (at no charge) and hiking the trails at Bear Lake. I was a bit hesitant, given that it was the middle of January and it was windy, but I bundled up and hit the trails and found exquisite beauty everywhere I walked. I barely saw any people once I was on the snow-packed trails. The people at home are extremely impressed with the photos. Bottom line: Even in January, Deer Crest Resort and RMNP provided a perfect reasonably priced escape for me.

Now I'm back in St. Louis, far from those incredible mountains. When people ask me where I was, I've been telling them that I "went on a retreat," which is how it felt. Thanks, Ken!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank ErichV
Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

Location is ideal for visiting RMNP. Also outside of Estes Park so you don't have the crowds to hear and deal with.
My room had a king size bed and kitchenette. Plenty of counter and storage space. Everything was clean and in order, albiet slightly worn. I didn't explore the grounds but I think it's near a stream.
The owners/managers were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo