TripAdvisor
Estes Park
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews adjoining rooms the general manager would stay here again beds were comfortable stay in estes park
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Older property undergoing renovation. Room was clean, but property in general, hallways, etc., not much attention. Not much sound proofing, thin doors, easy to hear talking in adjoining rooms. Some ground floor rooms have outside doors, second floor rooms have inside doors.

Room tip: If you have a preference for inside or outside room doors, be sure to ask at check in.
Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is not in great condition. If you stay, look for a low cost time so you don't spend more than the service is worth. Expect to pay extra for everything. Expect to ask for clean towels and anything else you run out of.

Room tip: Go to the front desk if you run out of something, but don't expect a quick response.
Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Worst hotel experience - Terrible
Be VERY careful with the pictures on the website, they are VERY deceiving.
There was nobody to check us in when we arrived. We had to call and call until somenone showed up.
The bathroom has a funky smell. Probably because the toilet seat is made of wood.
The walls are super thin, you will feel like your neighbors are sleeping in the same room. I am not kidding. I wish I was. I can't believe they charge such high rates for what is it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I decided on a last minute weekend getaway to Estes Park and RMNP. We didn't realize there was also a Fall Festival going on and nearly every hotel was booked or cost over $300 a night. So, we took a chance on Rocky Mountain Hotel. I booked it before I read all the reviews. It's apparent that some rooms have been updated better than others. We lucked out and got one of the better rooms. They did a decent job with the renovation, but clearly it needs some fine tuning. (Interior doors and mouldings could use a coat of paint. The hallways need some touching up.) But, the important thing is that the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was awful and they could be a little less stingy with the towels. Also, I was grateful that I had brought my own hair dryer as there wasn't one in the room. We always travel with a white noise sound app on our phone to help drown out the noise in the hall. If other reasonable hotel options are available, I would not stay here again, but in a pinch, it's not bad.

Room tip: Request lake view
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The way this hotel is laid out is crazy. Finding our room was a challenge, We could here the people in the adjoining room quite clearly and they were no loud! The room was basic, The signs of rot/damp around the window showed the poor maintenance of the place. There are better places in Estes thats for sure!