“Team USA basketball wins again with Rodeway Inn Estes Park!”

Rodeway Inn Estes Park
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed July 9, 2009

For the second year, Team USA Basketball took up residence at the Rodeway Inn in this beautiful mountain city nestled among the snow-capped Rockies. What another wonderful experience! Lil and her staff were awesome creating a relaxing environment for my players to enjoy the sites, relax in the pool and hot tub, and even get a little competitive on the pool and ping pong tables. The town shuttle took our team throughout Estes Park and the Rodeway staff was extremely helpful in explaining the sights and sounds of Estes. Susie and her husband gave us hints on which trails and roads were best at driving into Rocky Mountain National Park. What great hosts they were! They even opened a spare meeting room for my players to leave their bags after check-out time. You will not find a better location, better price, better accomodations, and the most charming town in America. Top this off with a caring and supportive management like Lil, Susie, and her husband and you will never want to leave. Last year, Team USA won the Colorado Basketball Tournament. This year, Team USA won the championship again. We are sure that, thanks to Rodeway Inn, three will be a charm next year!!! Thanks Lil and Rodeway. The "tradition of excellence" continues!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed June 26, 2009

We selected this hotel because we were traveling with two smaller dogs. We stayed in La Quinta properties for the other 8 nights of our trip and this was really the only reasonable option for us in Estes Park. We tried another hotel that told us they did not have any pet friendly rooms available for our date and asked that we check back in a few weeks (I asked what was going to change and got no response) While I appreciate the hotel for allowing pets, they need to spend some capital on room and facility renovations and not landscaping as it appeared they were doing. There were ceiling tiles falling out, the exterior entrance to the room did not work and the toilet tank was leaking water because the ball float was out of adjustment (I fixed it myself) Furnishings were very outdated. The grounds were unkempt and unfortunately other pet owners did not clean up the droppings. The AC unit was extremely noisy. Could not wait to get out of there. If we visit the area again, we will try for another place in Estes or opt to stay in nearby city.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2009

Even though it's a little older and further away from downtown, this is a nice hotel. Great value. They offered us buy one night get one half off. It looks like several hotel upgrades had taken place. The lobby was being painted. We had a room with a balcony and view of the lake. We watched deer right outside the balcony crossing the street. There is no elevator. The room was fine with two queen beds, tv and dvd, wireless internet access, microwave, fridge, coffee pot, and hair dryer all in the room. The first night we did experience another room nearby with a smoke detecter chirping in need of new batteries. It was quickly replaced and fixed prior to our second night. The indoor pool and jacuzzi is nice compared to other hotels in the area with outdoor pools. The water was heated but it was still a little cool. Still the kids enjoyed it all. There was also a game room with air hockey, pool tables, foosball, and video games-needed a race car video game though. I think a bar would be a nice feature at the hotel either in the game room or breakfast area. The continental breakfast was good. There was make your own waffles with batter, bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal, and pastry choices. Orange juice, milk, and coffee. I would have liked to see fruit too, bananas or something. Overall it is a great clean hotel with nice amenities.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kriscam11
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I'd advise to check with the choicehotels.com website to make your reservations... I got a much better price than I saw on the internet. Tho Rodeway Inn is one of the economy motels from Choice Hotels, this was a lovely, clean, quality motel. As a 60 year old, I found out about the 60+ rate for this motel chain... and as it was early spring (just before a storm was to come in), there were few people there and I was upgraded to an even nicer room than I'd originally reserved. I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2008

We booked two nights at the Rodeway Inn because they are pet friendly and we have two poodles. We were looking for a pre-Thanksgiving getaway for my wife and I. It is a beautiful area and quite close to Denver where we live.

The hotel is quite run down. Needs painting and the furnishing are very shabby. Only one very thin blanket on the bed and the rooms are small.

The absolute worst thing is the heating system. It is a wall unit and very noisy. I guess it might have been OK if it had stayed on all the time but it does not. It goes off and on. At 3AM, my wife had had enough and we left. Luckily, it was only a 90 minute drive home.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank wjvv
Reviewed August 13, 2008

A very old motel, with great views. This place needs to CLEAN UP. Rooms were out dated and very old. The beds were hard, old furnishings ,tv, old pink blankets.For one night its not too bad, for longer stays I would definately find another hotel!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank olive21
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Couldn't book the room on the website and when I called directly they wouldn't give the same discounts offered on the website. The whole motel is very "tired". One of the chairs cushions had been repaired with hot glue. Bathroom small, old but clean. The room was big enough for the two of us but was not worth what we paid. The security chain on the inside door had been ripped off and not replaced. There are much better places to stay in Estes if you book ahead far enough which I didn't have the luxury of doing.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank husker1976