“Estes Lake Across The Street” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn Estes Park

Rodeway Inn Estes Park
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Estes Park
Omaha, Nebraska
“Estes Lake Across The Street”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I went to Estes Park for a family wedding. The area is beautiful. This hotel sits across the highway from the lake. This hotel is not great, but it is not bad. My room was clean. It looked as though the bathroom had been updated recently. The bed was terrible. Even my 8 year old grandson complained about the bed. I could hear the people talking in the neighboring room. The front of the hotel looks pretty good. The back of the hotel needs a lot of attention. The breakfast area (free breakfast) is very large and can seat a lot of people at one time. They had a waffle macine and hardboiled eggs, cold cereal and different breads for toast. The pool was green and cloudy. I wouldn't let my grandson swim in it. I would stay there again if I was passing through, but not for an extended stay. I gave it an average rating because it is only a 2 star hotel. I believe it is average for that star level.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Altamont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We recently stayed here after making reservations for Estes Park, not knowing any other places we could stay. Big mistake as there were many other hotels, motels, and cabins to choose from, that I'm sure were much cleaner and up to date than this dump was, not to mention in a much better location. After walking into the room, I knew I had made a mistake in booking this place. The carpet was worn through in places and was dirty, the bedspreads were old and looked dirty, there was a ceiling tile out near the bathroom, which I was afraid anything could drop out of, the TV remote was duct taped together, there was peeled paint on the doors and around the window, the WIFI would not stay connected, and the breakfast was horrible. I would be embarrased to take people's money if I owned this place! Do yourself a favor and don't give this horrible place a single penny of your money! The only good thing I have to say about it, was the young lady at the front desk was very nice when we checked in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Estes Park hotels

Kasota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

Friendly staff but absolutely terrible room. Dirty, smelly, very, very dated. Worst place I've can ever remember staying at. WIFI did not consistently work. Mountain view but could not be enjoyed because the windows were so fogged you couldn't see out of them. Balcony overlooked trash - not a very pretty site. Only 1 light in the room worked as one of the outlets did not work (we found this out when our computer went black). If I had to do this again, I would spend the night in my car. Also breakfast was terrible. STAY AWAY....................................................

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Warrenton, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I don't usually write reviews but I couldn't help myself on this one. This place was a complete disaster. We truly considered sleeping in the rental car since all of the other local hotels were full. The paint was peeling off of all the walls and doors, the bathroom door looked like it had been kicked in, there was rust all over the bathroom, holes in the walls, stains on the rugs. My parents room, which was next door to us, was left open for any bugs or animals to walk into. We were next to the dumpsters and we saw a number of animals running around. She had to fight to get her room changed. When you walked up to the outside door, the area which should have had some landscaping was a beaten down dirt mound with garbage all over it. I highly recommend steering clear of this place.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
1 Thank JennKam
Leechburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

I knew this was going to be a truck stop from the moment we drove in: peeling paint, filthy windows and drapes and that was before viewing the room. Old is not to be confused with neglect. Can't imagine why anyone would call it a great place. Are you kidding? We cancelled immediately and for the same price got a lovely room at the Best Western up the road! It's like the Venetian compared to the Rode-A-Way (with your money)!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank fritza151
Lakeside, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed there for 2 nights for a family gathering. It is older, but we found it to be clean. The walls were thin, so noisy children woke us early each morning. The breakfast with waffle makers, etc. made it convenient for our family to gather each morning. The front desk employees were very courteous and helpful about sightseeing tips.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Vassar
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Within walking distance to lake and restaurants. Pool was a liitle to cool on our stay. Rooms were average, beds were comfortable. Liked balcony and continental bkfst. We enjoyed our stay and would do it again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

1 Thank RenaeVassar