“great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed in Estes park last year and left early due to bad wearher. Nicky's had a nice restraunt and the lodge looked nice we booked a room there this year and have just returned from a great trip. The lodge was very clean and the restraunt accross the parking lot was a real plus. The rooms were not big but perfect for our needs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mswinter
Thank-you We Appreciate Your Business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Abbotsford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Our room had been freshly painted and was very clean. The bed was comfortable and we found the towels to be of good quality. It was nice to have a small fridge in the room. From reading other reviews we knew to bring a hair dryer with us. All our interactions with staff were warm and friendly. It was nice to have a restaurant on site and we enjoyed a breakfast there and also found the service to be friendly. When we booked Nicky's we knew that the motel would be more 'rustic' than what we might find in the city, so we found the country style furniture charming and we were not disappointed in any way. In fact, for the price we found Nicky's to be very good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jacquie396
hics, Owner at Nicky's Resort, responded to this review, December 26, 2014
Thank-You All Rooms Now Have Hair Dryers
topeka
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The location is ideal if you want to get away from the hub-bub of a busy life. Wonderful mountain views and sounds of flowing water. Good clean rooms with easy access from the parking area. The restaurant onsite is very convenient and the outside tables next to the river adds a wonderful touch. They had a wonderful piano player who added to the whole ambience of the site as his music could be heard from one's room. The restaurant does need some updating and management needs to review training of some of their servers. We had problems one of the nights with our server consistently needing to be reminded of our food and drink orders. This did not spoil our overall experience though and I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barfly1
Sorry We Do Not Own The Restaurant. Please Post On Nicky's Steakhouse Thank-You
Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were pleased with the room overall, except the thin vertical blinds on the patio windows combined with the lights on outside made it hard to get to sleep. The rooms on the second (first in the UK) were easily accessible as the parking was up the hill. The meal we had in the restaurant was quite good and reasonably priced, with pleasant efficient service. On the negative side, I had to go and collect a hair drier from reception, then as we were checking under the bed for lost items I discovered the plastic band from a six-pack, an indication that the house-keeping standards were not up to scratch.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
All Rooms Now Have Hair Dryers
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I booked a room in June for a wedding in early November. As happens with life, plans changed and I realized I would not be able to attend the wedding. I called to cancel my reservation on July 30th and was told my request had to be cleared by a manager, at which time I would have to pay a cancellation fee. No such fee was ever explained when I booked the room. I did find it on the website eventually after further exploration (though, poor grammar makes the cancellation policy statement a bit confusing). Knowing this was likely a ridiculous fee I'd overlooked when I booked in good faith, I was willing to accept the fee and move on. However, when the manager did call me back five days later, she called at 7:45 on a Saturday morning, was incredibly abrupt and hung up on me before I was able to get a cancellation confirmation number. Feeling uneasy about the interaction, I made note to call for the cancellation confirmation number. Before calling I noticed my account had been credited the amount of the room, less the cancellation fee. Shortly thereafter, my account reflected TWO MORE debits for the full amount of the room. When I contacted them about this they were lackadaisical in their response time and, yet again, the manager was less than polite or apologetic for the error. Needless to say, the staff appears to be friendly and helpful, but the management and practices of management leave plenty to be desired -- namely basic politeness and customer service skills. I've stayed here and eaten in the restaurant before under circumstances in which I did not make the arrangements or deal with the staff and found it to be fine. I would have likely stayed there again in the event that plans worked out better (though changing plans for one night over three months in advance does NOT seem like poor planning on my part). But I will NOT stay here and will be just as vocal with friends and colleagues who frequent the Estes area. I have never written a review before, here or anywhere else, as I am usually an easy going person and consumer. But this was one of the more downright awful experiences I've had.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
7 Thank EMC0307
hics, Owner at Nicky's Resort, responded to this review, December 26, 2014
All Motels Have To Charged A Cancel Fee To Cover Credit Card Charges . They Charge Us
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were really impressed by the location - river, bridge, outside seating, easy access to the room, easy load / unload, nice tables and chairs for a morning coffee, unfortunately the resort's restaurant didn't match the surroundings.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank seaagal
hics, Manager at Nicky's Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Nicky's Resort! Im glad you enjoyed sitting out a long the river with our little coffee table set ups. We would love to welcome you back to Nicky's ANYTIME in the future, we welcome all of our honest reviews and love hearing them, whether it be praise or something we can work on we cherish all of your input!
Conway, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Perfect location between Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. Western decor. Nice bed, nice towels, nice shower. Clean and comfortable. Be sure to ask for hair dryer at the front desk. Free muffins and coffee for breakfast. Really great for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
hics, Manager at Nicky's Resort, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay! And hope we will be able to welcome you back sometime in the future to stay with us again!