“Hotel let down by poor housekeeping.”
Review of Nicky's Resort

Nicky's Resort
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were pleased with the room overall, except the thin vertical blinds on the patio windows combined with the lights on outside made it hard to get to sleep. The rooms on the second (first in the UK) were easily accessible as the parking was up the hill. The meal we had in the restaurant was quite good and reasonably priced, with pleasant efficient service. On the negative side, I had to go and collect a hair drier from reception, then as we were checking under the bed for lost items I discovered the plastic band from a six-pack, an indication that the house-keeping standards were not up to scratch.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
hics, Manager at Nicky's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2014

All Rooms Now Have Hair Dryers

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I booked a room in June for a wedding in early November. As happens with life, plans changed and I realized I would not be able to attend the wedding. I called to cancel my reservation on July 30th and was told my request had to be cleared by a manager, at which time I would have to pay a cancellation fee. No such fee was ever explained when I booked the room. I did find it on the website eventually after further exploration (though, poor grammar makes the cancellation policy statement a bit confusing). Knowing this was likely a ridiculous fee I'd overlooked when I booked in good faith, I was willing to accept the fee and move on. However, when the manager did call me back five days later, she called at 7:45 on a Saturday morning, was incredibly abrupt and hung up on me before I was able to get a cancellation confirmation number. Feeling uneasy about the interaction, I made note to call for the cancellation confirmation number. Before calling I noticed my account had been credited the amount of the room, less the cancellation fee. Shortly thereafter, my account reflected TWO MORE debits for the full amount of the room. When I contacted them about this they were lackadaisical in their response time and, yet again, the manager was less than polite or apologetic for the error. Needless to say, the staff appears to be friendly and helpful, but the management and practices of management leave plenty to be desired -- namely basic politeness and customer service skills. I've stayed here and eaten in the restaurant before under circumstances in which I did not make the arrangements or deal with the staff and found it to be fine. I would have likely stayed there again in the event that plans worked out better (though changing plans for one night over three months in advance does NOT seem like poor planning on my part). But I will NOT stay here and will be just as vocal with friends and colleagues who frequent the Estes area. I have never written a review before, here or anywhere else, as I am usually an easy going person and consumer. But this was one of the more downright awful experiences I've had.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank EMC0307
hics, Owner at Nicky's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2014

All Motels Have To Charged A Cancel Fee To Cover Credit Card Charges . They Charge Us

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were really impressed by the location - river, bridge, outside seating, easy access to the room, easy load / unload, nice tables and chairs for a morning coffee, unfortunately the resort's restaurant didn't match the surroundings.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank seaagal
hics, Manager at Nicky's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Nicky's Resort! Im glad you enjoyed sitting out a long the river with our little coffee table set ups. We would love to welcome you back to Nicky's ANYTIME in the future, we welcome all of our honest reviews and love hearing them, whether it be praise or something we can work on we cherish all of your input!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Perfect location between Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. Western decor. Nice bed, nice towels, nice shower. Clean and comfortable. Be sure to ask for hair dryer at the front desk. Free muffins and coffee for breakfast. Really great for us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
hics, Manager at Nicky's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay! And hope we will be able to welcome you back sometime in the future to stay with us again!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed in one of the cabins,it was very clean and in a peaceful uncrowded setting. The pool was nice and close by. The restaurant had both great food and great service.Fall Creek literally flows right through this resort and our dinner table was just a fer feet from this pristine stream. You will not be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We are so happy here at Nicky's Resort that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope when you return to Estes park you will think of us in future bookings, we would love to have you join us again

Reviewed August 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed here two nights this past week and found Nicky's to be a very comfortable experience. Our "river suite" room was extremely clean and comfy. We had everything we needed including our choice of outdoor sitting areas to enjoy the river or mountain view. We ate breakfast by the river at the restaurant and thought the value and the service were exceptional. The management of the resort does ask guests to follow some basic guidelines on the property but they are really just common courtesies. We appreciated them as they made the resort more serene and inviting for discriminating visitors. Thank you for the great RMNP experience, Nicky's!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank HappygirlTX

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Ok large clean comfortable room with 1 king bed, although a little dark. The air con system was very noisy, the room also had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom was quite small but ok. Locations was good as it was very close to Rocky Mountains National Park, although to walk into town it will take you about 20 minutes so we chose to drive. The restaurant on site was very expensive for an evening meal. Breakfast was very basic, started early @ 7.00am but did not have a good selection at all, just pre-packed muffins, breakfast bars and simple cereal in indivual boxes, not the freshes and one that you would just grab and go. Another downside is that all the cutlery, bowls and plates were plastic but since spending the last 2 weeks travelling around this is very common. The parking on site is very tight especially if it was busy. Overall an ok place but one that i would probably not return to.

Room Tip: A downstairs room is easier and has better parking.