“Nicky's resort”
Review of Nicky's Resort

Nicky's Resort
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Close to rocky mountain NP (3 miles)
Although breakfast is included, it is not worth it. It appears to be a value breakfast that you have to take back to your room.

Room was clean but basic

Room Tip: Where I've rated very good, i mean just good, but this site does not provide this option
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

We Do Not Claim To Serve Breakfast. We Have Coffee and Muffins @ no Charge. Who Complains About Something Free.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

WOW!! What a great place to stay,Only a few miles to the entrance to the Rocky Mountain National Park.There is a full service restaurant on site,Great live music, I will spend every summer vacation at this great resort..

• Stayed: June 2012
hics, Manager at Nicky's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to you visiting with us again!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I booked a room at Nicky's Resort through a deal offered through booking.com. The reviews said it "wasn't new" but newness has never been a requirement for me. There were several points of dissatisfaction for me with this hotel.

NO Wifi - I'm a writer. Wifi was crucial. Not only does their website say free wifi, I called and asked to make sure that they had wifi and it worked - in the room. I spend hours writing in the room. They affirmed they had wifi. It didn't work. Perhaps because I use an Apple product (MacBook Air). The lady next door to me had the same problem and inquired. All they say in the office is .... "it's working. Perhaps if you come into the lobby." My didn't work in my room (right next to the lobby) or the lobby. This was frustrating.

PARKING - There are about 12 - 15 units on the ground floor and the same number above on the second floor. There are 11 parking spaces. I was on the ground floor and couldn't find a space in the lot. Signage clearly states "These spaces are for Rooms 101 - 110" - I was in room 101. When I inquired at the office at about 9pm, the lady behind the desk said, "Well, I'll be leaving soon and will move my truck." Another girl behind the desk told me she would move her car. So two staff people were taking up two of the very limited number of spaces reserved for guests. One of the spaces was marked Handicapped. That was the space the girl was in who moved her car for me to pull in. Clearly, no regard for the disabled with stickers. The next night, the same truck owned by the lady in the office was parked in front of my room.

CLEAN - My white socks were dark brown from walking on the carpet for one evening. The room was clean enough when I first arrived. Maid service the next day left the bed with a wrinkled spread as if someone laid on in after making it, and crumbs from a small bag of bagel chips I'd eaten while sitting on the bed the night before were still scattered all over the bed spread. Trash on the desk was left there.

I paid $115 a night plus tax and realize there are many other choices in town for that price. I could stand it if the wifi was broken or if there was a good reason for limited parking, but the disregard for customer service at this hotel was disappointing.

Room Tip: pick the ground floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank mindieburgoyne

We are very sorry that our wiFi was not working for you during our stay. We have had a problem within the last few days and our Computer workers have just today been able to come up and fix it, now we offer WiFi in all rooms, Cabins, and River Units. Our computer in our Lobby was working and people were able to use it, so that could have been an alternative for you. There are parking spots downstairs and there are exactly enough for each room downstairs, our upstairs rooms have their own parking spots in the back. We have one extra that is the disabled parking spot and staff does use because we have no disabled rooms, but if someone were to check in and need it, it is saved for them so no one else takes the spot. On a service we take garbage out and bring in clean towels, the maids do not make beds. We are sorry your trash was not taken out, but if you have stuff still on your bed our maids are not allowed to touch it, if that was a problem for you, it could have been easily fixed by coming to the office and saying you would like new linens and anyone here would have been happy to assist you. For future reference, if you have a problem with the way your room is serviced you should contact the hotel directly so it can be fixed.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I was a little hesitant because of the negative reviews from people on here. However, I just got back from a stay at Nicky's Resort and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! The 'theme' of the place is log cabin ish, and so it is very cute and fits in with the mountain town idea. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The staff was very friendly during check in and check out. And the pool was beautiful-definitely not green! Maybe I am not as nit-picky as some of the other posters, but I had an excellent stay at Nicky's and will definitely be returning. What you get for the price is a really great deal. Great value.

Room Tip: The River Units are cozy and right by the river!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chris S
hics, Manager at Nicky's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2014

Thank-You We Appreciate People Who Tell The Truth.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Before I start, to the reviewer below who stated the pool should have been open. The pool (as per Nicky's website) doesn't open til mid JUNE, not May. It is afterall Estes Park, one day it's 70, the next day, snow.
We found our room (#110) to be very clean upon arrival. It had new furnishings and tiled bathroom floor/shower. We stayed four nights and had no major issues. We had no problems with housekeeping. Bed was made daily and towels replenished. We always bring our own shampoos, etc, so I cannot complain about whether or not they replenish these items. I should state that our particular room had no microwave (I believe it was a value room).
We dealt with both Amy & Sydney at reception, they were both friendly & pleasant. Nicky's offers complimentary pre-packaged donuts, muffins, granola bars & coffee. Bare minimum continental breakfast, but they do have the restaurant that I'm sure they don't want to compete with. Although I learned they have separate ownership.
Great to hear Fall River from our room and have a nice mountain view, we would come back.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank honeybe1979
hics, Owner at Nicky's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Thank You for your Review . Glad To Hear There Are Still Nice People Out There .There is Alot of Crazy ones

Reviewed June 1, 2012

We got the room for 3 nights just because we saw it was rated very high on this website. We do not want to give personal opinion, rather to give FACTS. Those are what people need to know.
1. The room is so small that we had to walk side way (for 2 people) between the bed and the TV stand.
2. As soon as we came in the room, it smelt as someone just made a very good #2. We gotta light a match.
3. The house keeper did not clean the room, other than straightening the bed.
4. The swimming pool was green when I got there at the end of the month. The website stated it would be ready at the middle of the month.
5. The wall is paper thin. We could hear the neighbor flush their toilet.
6. There was privacy in the room. Even though it has a blind, however everyone can see right to your bed as we were lying. Watch yourself of what you are doing on the bed. :)
7. If you need to have extra lotion or shampoo after the first night, you gotta go down the the front desk to get or call the house keeper. They do not provide those every night.
8. The wireless internet is barely enough to check emails. It takes about 15 mins to download a menu on pdf from a restaurant online. The signal bar was never over 2 bars.
So, those should be enough for you to take consideration before you book the travel reservation. One good fact is that it is very close to the center. However, there are many other nice hotel along the way.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank lovedinningout
hics, Owner at Nicky's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Swimming pools are always green before adding chemicals before opening. Our website says: Pool is open summer months. When you were here it was 40 degrees at night.

Fire code requires us to have vertical blinds on singular access doors, for easy exit in case of fire.
Our motel was built in 1964, when beds were mostly full size. We now offer king and queen size beds that take a little more space.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed at nicky's about three years ago for one night and didn't remember anything negative so I booked it on line when another trip to Estes came up. Checked in and rushed off to a meeting.
Upon returning at 8:30 we discovered that the T.V did not work. We had extra batteries so we replaced them in the remote,, but still no T.V. The office was closed after (7:00) so the only thing we could do was live with it. Then we discover that the toilet would not stop flushing unless you took the back off and manipulated it. We were given an emergency # by someone at the restaurant but it was out of service. We were going to politely complain when we got our morning coffee but the office did not open until 8:00. Had another meeting at 8:00 so we could not wait around. Otherwise the room was clean and we had a good night's rest, no complaints in that area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
hics, Manager at Nicky's Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

The owner is in office @7a.m. office closes@9P.M. Emergency phone number is posted on motel office door not @Restaurant not the same owner. Your light switch by door is A power Switch has to be up there are Signs