“Great rustic but clean place / half ma and pa motel, half cabin”
Review of Inn on Fall River

Inn on Fall River
Ranked #11 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Kansas
“Great rustic but clean place / half ma and pa motel, half cabin”
Reviewed August 12, 2007

My wife and I booked a unit here with only a day's notice, which is incredible considering that it was Estes Park in August. We weren't sure what to expect considering the category it was in on Trip Advisor. However, we were very pleasantly surprised. I was a little nervous about our reservation and wondered what the demeanor of the staff would be like considering the negative reviews on Trip Advisor, but our check-in went off without a hitch. As we approached our room we noticed how close the river was to the units--no more than 25 ft. from each patio/balcony. The atmosphere throughout our whole stay was very peaceful and quiet (except for the wonderful river, of course). This is not necessarily a place for kids, and I could see why the owners and other guests may not take kindly to the noisy variety. Our unit was neat and clean, though a little dated in some respects (not unlike a typical ma and pa motel). It was on the small side (maybe 15 x15 including the bathroom) but had everything you'd want (well, except internet but you're in the Rockies, after all). Our bed was a queen and there was a small desk, love seat, coffee table, kitchenette with a microwave, toaster, and minifridge, and best of all a great stone fireplace with supplied wood. The walls were all knotty pine paneling, which reminded me of my grandparents' cabin. The bathroom was clean and tidy. I noticed placards with rules on nearly every wall, but I've seen such things often in ma and pa motels--just things to remind people of common sense and respect. Sliding patio doors off of the living area opened up to the patio, and we kept it open all of the time to hear the river (plus there was no A/C, not that that was a problem). On the patio there was a gas grill and a table and chairs. Partitions separated the patios for a litte bit of privacy. Great views of the mountain from here as well. Overall cleanliness (I'm convinced anything shy of $500 a night is not going to be perfect) was an 8 or 9 out of 10. At $94 a night directly through the front desk, I think this was an absolute bargain, especially in Estes. I can't imagine taking a risk anywhere else. Not only did we love the quaint room and the quiet atmosphere, but most of the other motels/cottages/cabins aren't nearly as close the woods and river. Highly recommend.

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank NatefromWichita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
topekatwo
Reviewed July 22, 2007

We have stayed at the Inn on Fall River no less than twenty times over the past five years, and not once....I repeat, not once have we had anything other than a wonderful time. After reading the few negative reports some have left regarding their stay, I found myself scratching my head wondering if they were even at the same Inn. The folks that own and manage this georgous little getaway do not have a mean bone in their bodies, they have always been more than accomodating with any of our needs. We have been to Estes Park each year, sometimes a couple of times a year, going back to the early 90's. There are very few places we have not stayed while there, and once we found the Inn on Fall River, our search for reasonably priced, clean, and conveniently located lodging came to an end, and we have been staying there ever since. And you can't beat the views. The people that own this lnn owe me nothing, I write this because I believe in calling it the way it is. Please do not be swayed by what a few negative people have written. You can't please all of the people all of the time.....
Scott Klausman
Topeka, Kansas
scott_klausman@yahoo.com

Stayed February 2007
2 Thank topekatwo
Kansas
Reviewed June 28, 2007

We too, were a bit wary of booking here, but it was one of the less expensive available places. We stayed 3 nights and LOVED IT!. It's a bit rough around the edges and the parking can be a bit precarious when full. However, The staff was wonderful and helpful, the room was small but we spent most of our waking hours while there out on the patio enjoying the fresh mountain air, watching the hummingbirds, chipmunks and albert squirrels and listening to the river rushing by. We especially liked how it felt secluded even though it was right off the highway. Only about a mile from the north entrance to the park made it just right. We are planning on returning next summer and will look here first for reservations.

• Liked — The secluded river feel
  • Disliked — tight parking
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marieab
fort worth, tx
Reviewed March 19, 2007

I was a little hesitant about staying here after reading some of the reviews about this property on TripAdvisor, but I decided to take a chance. I couldn't have been more pleased with what I found! The place is beautiful! It's nestled right on the river on Fall River Road in a beautiful canyon. We stayed in Suite B. Such a cozy unit! Decorated just like a home, not your typical "lets see how steril we can be" condo decor. So homey! The older couple that runs the place is ready to help you plan your day exploring Rocky Mountain National Park. It was so relaxing to step out of our door and walk along the rushing mountain stream, or just sit on the porch swing at night and watch the stars with the river running in the background. The inn is built in the Vintage style of an older motor inn, and I challenge you to find any property in Estes Park with the Charm this one has. Trust me - you'll love it!

• Liked — homey decorating and the river.
  • Disliked — no closet in the second bedroom.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
4 Thank bryant&henry
South Dakota
Reviewed October 8, 2006

We traveled with our two kids ages 8 and 11 and stayed here in one of the cabins with a fireplace and separate bedroom for the kids. We had a great time, the managers of the property were VERY nice and helpful. The setting is quiet and peaceful with the sounds of the stream making for a very relaxing place to stay. The rooms were clean and the location is very good too. The luxurious outdoor hot tub was an added bonus for weavy travelers. I would highly recommend this property.

• Liked — The streamside rooms.
  • Disliked — Wish it had a pool.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Dakotaceo
Dallas
Reviewed September 17, 2006

We stayed here for a week and had a very relaxing stay. There were lots of wild-life including bears roaming around. The sound of the river was so peaceful. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 7, 2005

Although the river sounds relaxing and the chipmunks eat out of your hand... the owners of this establishment are incredibly rude people. They yelled out of their bedroom window at my children playing outside. They should have been up before their guests!! Some people should not be in customer service!!

Stayed July 2004