“Family Reunion Friendly”

Ranked #12 of 20 Estes Park B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Family Reunion Friendly”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Booked most of the rooms and the 2 suites at this inn in February for a July family reunion. My husband & I stayed in 15A--second story suite. Loved it! It had a little kitchen and we had cousins/aunts & uncles visiting and running in and out all weekend. Cooked dinner on the gas grills in the picnic area and after dinner, everyone pitched in & brought their complimentary wood bundles to the firepit and had a great time roasting marshmallows and communing w/each other & nature. Made friends with the folks staying in the cabins. A huge elk settled in the grass while we ate dinner & a few of us saw a bear run thru trees early Sunday morn. We all left with wonderful memories.

Room Tip: If you can spend a little more, get the suite (15A) on the second floor. Private hot tub in back an...
1 Thank Lighthouse380

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I just stayed for my third time at Inn on Fall River. The location on Fall River is perfect, beautiful and soothing. Paula, and her husband, the innkeepers are so welcoming. This time, I stayed in a room on the first floor with 2 queen beds and that all important balcony overlooking the river. My grown daughter and I slept with the door open so we could hear the sounds of the river. This place is perfect for families because the river provides constant fascination for the little ones and I noticed they have a new playground area since my last visit. It is also a nice place for a couple wanting to steal away some time for themselves. The setting is very relaxing. The location is very close to the RMNP and also close to downtown and the historic Stanley Hotel. I am so comfortable when I stay here and always leave feeling refreshed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DollyparkerRN
Kansas
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I always stress about where to stay on vacations, but I hit a home run with this place. My family knew we would love it here as soon as we walked in. We stayed in 15A, which is the second story of a 2-suite unit.

Cleanliness – The unit (and property) were very clean and well maintained.

Décor – The unit had a rustic feel, and some of the furniture was new. The small kitchen was just right and well-equipped for simple meals. The bathroom was a little small, but fine (and clean). The beds were comfortable and the bedding was clean. Both beds are in the same large bedroom, with a door leading outside to the private hot tub.

Room amenities - Our front deck that faced the river had a plastic table and chairs to eat at, plus a gas grill and two wicker chairs for relaxing. The hot tub was nice and so relaxing. It was on our private deck in the rear, which was so close to the base of the mountain that you could reach out and touch it. Ponderosa pine trees provided a canopy that perfectly framed the clear, starry sky. I wanted to stay in all night.

Service – We didn’t have a lot of interaction with the owners, but they were friendly and Paula always had a smile on her face whenever we would see her around the property. They seemed like they really enjoyed their work.

Outside amenities – When researching places to stay, our biggest desire was to stay on the river, and you don’t get any more on the river than here. Out unit was probably the furthest one away from the water compared to the others on the same property, but we were still very close and loved seeing and hearing it every morning and evening. There were a couple of fire pits where we roasted marshmallows in the evenings. My kids watched with anticipation as a brand new play set was being assembled in the play area, and were thrilled to be the first to play on it our last evening there.

Location – Being on the river was our priority, so of course that was perfect. Another great thing is that this is literally few minutes from RMPN to the west, and downtown Estes Park to the east. If you’re up for a longer walk, then you could even walk to downtown. It is also five minutes from the main grocery store in town.

Value – This wasn’t the cheapest place, but was far from the most expensive. It felt like a little bit of a splurge compared to a chain hotel, but to save a little money we would have given up some of the things we were looking for, such as being on the river, having a bigger suite, or having a private hot tub. We felt like this is the kind of place that you are meant to stay at for a visit to Estes Park, and we were not disappointed.

Overall we were very impressed and happy with our stay. Our lodging here was one of the best things about our vacation. We will be back!

Finally, I read every TripAdvisor review before booking and noticed that most of the few negative reviews had to do with policies. Not that it’s any of my business, but I commend the owners for sticking to the agreements, especially with pets. Not every place allows pets, and the ones that do allow pets need to be mindful of current and future guests that do not travel with animals. Knowing that they enforce their reasonable pet policy actually helped sell me on staying here.

Room Tip: Choose 15A over 15B...it's worth the extra cost
Miami
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 4 days at this lovely Inn. The decor is rustic and homey consistent with most of the area's hotels/Inns. We stayed in Unit 1 which featured a large, comfy, king size bed with a wood burning fireplace and yes, of course, that wonderful river with its comforting sound that lulled us to sleep each night. Being from South Florida we welcomed the cool temperatures so sleeping with the sliding glass door open was not a problem. Paula and Mark where very nice and even lent me a fishing pole to try my luck in the river. The property has several units ranching in size from our room for 2 to units that can accommodate families. Proximity to RMNP and Estes Park is a plus. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Search their website for pictures of the various units
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gables79
Coupland, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The motto of the Inn is "a river runs through it," and it really does. We enjoyed being just a few feet away from the river and being able to hear it. Spent a lot of time on the patio of our room. The room was a little smaller than ideal, but clean and comfortable. Paula was very helpful. Very convenient location in between Estes Park and the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. We would definitely return.

1 Thank Susan G
Brighton, Colorado
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Made a reservation to attend a family wedding that is two months away-cancelled the reservation the NEXT DAY because our family is staying somewhere else (wedding still two months away) and was charged $50. Will NEVER try and stay there again-customer service sucks!

4 Thank K8T2013
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I had planned this trip for 2 years. When we finally got there, our pet friendly cabin was even more than we expected. Everything about the decor was made to feel like you were in your own second home. The river was 20ft from the cabin, it had outdoor grills, lawn chairs, and a hot tub that was checked daily for the chemical levels. It is very handy to Rocky Mtn Park, and also Estes Park. The owners were there the first couple days and they were super. Paula and Mark the managers were very nice and friendly, as was the official greeter their "Scottie". We wish we could make this a yearly trip!! The cabin was spottless, and had everything you would want , refrigerator, stove, dishes, silverware, microwave, and a beautiful fireplace. We would recommend this place to anyone we knew that was headed there. Great job Inn on Fall River!

1 Thank David K