“Great 60's Motel”

Saddle & Surrey Motel
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a great 60's style "park in front of your room" motel. The rooms have been re-done with new bathroom fixtures, including the curved bar shower curtain.
The rooms are a decent size and include a microwave, mini-frig and a small table and chairs.
They have a nice sized flat screen TV that is easily view-able from anywhere in the room.
The beds were comfortable and the room clean. A plus for me was fitted sheets. I hate hotels that use a flat sheet on the top and bottom! There were plenty of nice sized towels(not always the case in many smaller hotels)
The motel had free wifi and the signal was good while we were there.
They also have a pool, but we didn't get a chance to try it out. It is outdoors and seasonable.
They have a nice assortment of pastries in the morning. Coffee only to drink, but the free pastry would get you to lunch without having to buy breakfast.
Even in peak season, our room was under $100! Almost unheard of in Estes Park in July. Also a plus was that they did not mention any minimum stay requirement. We were there 2 days, but there are several hotels/condos/cabins that require as much as a 3 night stay.
I would recommend the hotel to anyone that wants a good, decent place to stay.

2  Thank bbmom53

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our room was comfy and cozy. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean, I liked that it had a refrigerator and table and couch. The owners were very friendly and the Danish and croissants they had for breakfast were yummy. If we ever get back that way we will definitely stay there again. Did I mention the rates are awesome.

5  Thank Brenda R
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The positive reviews are all correct. We had a very good stay. This motel reminds me of the golden days of smaller non chain motels, with very clean rooms and excellent service. My dad was a manager of a motel very much like this in the GSMNP,many years ago and it brought back great memories. But much to my sons enjoyment they do have the modern conveniences such as large flat screen TVs and Wi Fi. The beds were the most comfortable of our entire trip out west. I hope to get to visit again. By the way Estes park is a wonderful town as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank bobstravel_13
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our room was spacious and clean. The king sized bed was extremely comfortable and we appreciated that the room had a microwave, refrigerator and table and chairs. The motel is in a great location, near the entrance to the Park and convenient to town. The owners, who were helpful and kind during our stay, without me calling to request this, mailed my kindle charger which I had left behind.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just checked in on July 15 for 3 nights after reading the glowing reviews. It's all true: extremely clean room, comfortable bedding, and a great price. A king bed for $85 in July in Estes Park is a great deal. The location is a short drive from the frenzy of Estes Park and the splendor of RMNP. Microwave, fridge, flat screen tv with a lot of cable channels, and free wifi. The bedding and towels are what you would find in a much more expensive hotel. Don't let the road side motel facade put you off - this place is much nicer than the last place I stayed in Estes Park at a significantly lower price. I'll be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Sarah J
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We chose to stay here after reading the rave reviews here on tripadvisor. We stayed 2 nights in July and were quite impressed. I will have to say that we did try to cancel our reservation, even though we decided to go ahead and come to Estes Park. Upon calling the office, we were treated rudely and reminded of the cancellation policy. That being.. there are no refunds UNLESS they are able to get someone else to take your room. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the owner.. who recognized our name and immediately apologized AND gave us a discount because she felt so badly about the way she treated us on the phone. Our room was EXTREMELY CLEAN.. even though it was small.. nothing surprising for an older motel. It reminded me of some of the motels that we stayed in as a kid back in the 60s. The bed was very comfortable.. and the sheets incredible! But the bathroom... sparkled! I have never seen a hotel/motel bathroom so clean! We would definitely visit again if in the area.. just watch out for the air conditioner if you sleep on the left hand side of the bed! I hit my head twice!

Room Tip: Room price is based on shower versus shower and tub. If you don't need a tub.. go with the show...
1  Thank bteghtmeyer
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in June, and I have to say this is the cleanest place I have every stayed! No dust in corners, bathroom spotless, carpets are a little worn and stained, but to be expected in an older motel. Right off highway, but was never bothered by noise while sleeping. We found it to be very close to everywhere we wanted to visit. We cooked breakfast every morning before starting our sightseeing and enjoyed having the kitchenette. I have already recommended this establishment to friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple