“Excellent Pie!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Excellent Pie!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited the Estes Park Pie Shop and Bakery today on our quick visit to Estes Park (I don't think the name is You Need Pie). It was our first visit and we were there around 3pm. The woman who helped us was very friendly and brought our pie to our table. Service was just fine despite negative comments I read. We have no complaints! As for the pie, we tried the strawberry rhubarb and the peach. They were excellent! We also got a couple of muffins to go and found those to be tasty as well - raspberry and lemon coconut. We enjoyed it so much we plan to stop by again in the morning before we leave town.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Alex G

Estes Park, Colorado
“Just getting better”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

The Estes Park Pie Shop was once, just a few years back, voted to have the best pie in Colorado. While this still holds true, the Thompsons, natives the area, have expanded their menu to included breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Some places have difficulties when expanding beyond their base, but the Pie Shop has handled it with aplomb. They use locally-produced ingredients, like Chorizo from the Boulder Sausage Co., and have made some family favorites to entice visitors.
Make no mistake, you still need pie, but show up and sit down for dinner. You will not be disappointed.

Boulder, Colorado
“Great pie, service and place for lunch”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The place for pie without a doubt but also serves a good lunch! The are vegetarian friendly hard to find in Estes Park! Great soups as well! Good value!!

• Visited February 2014
“Delicious! ”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

I eat here nearly once a week if not more and I'm never disappointed. I love the pie strawberry rhubarb is my all time favorite. I particular like the club sandwich and cheesy potato bake...!!!

Larkspur, Colorado
“Pie was Great, Lunch Just Average”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Pie is great, lunch just okay. We stopped in here one day just to have the pie. I had blueberry and my husband had apple. I LOVED it! There is 2+ lbs. of fruit in each pie and it wasn't sickeningly sweet. It was fresh blueberries and fresh apples. The crust was great and enjoyed the crumb topping. It was served with ice cream too! We came back another time for lunch and had a BLT and chicken pot pie. The BLT was okay (I mean it's hard to mess that up). The chicken pot pie was interesting. You would think that being a pie place, they would put the chicken pot pie in a "pie" crust. It was chicken breast, carrots and peas in a white sauce in a bowl with a biscuit type round wafer on top. Very strange. I tasted of it and it was just okay. It would be so much better cooked in an actual pie shell (hence the name "pot pie."). The owner is very nice and the fruit pies are great. They had other pies like peanut butter, chocolate silk, key lime and blackberry which also looked very appetizing.

• Visited March 2014