“Did not update menu pricing”
Review of Hunters Chop House

Hunters Chop House
Ranked #36 of 136 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The menu of the restaurant looked great but overall it did not deliver. The waitress spoke English with a heavy European accent, and was hardly able to answer questions about menu items. The food was overpriced and just average.

To add insult to injury the restaurant did not reveal that it increased beer prices until after they handed us the check at the end. The increase was small; $0.25. Still, not a good way to generate good recommendations or repeat business. We were very disappointed.

1  Thank jbgusa
There are newer reviews for Hunters Chop House

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Recently had an excellent meal at the Hunters Chop House in Estes Park. The food was flavorful and cooked to perfection. Enjoyed the ambiance as well! Felt like I was truly in the Rockies. What a great place to visit when in town. I will definitely dine there again!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were a party of 8 with 2 toddlers. The waitress was running her tail off but it took an hour to get our food. She said they were short a cook. They didn't know how to make a brandy old fashion sour. I got the wrong side with my ribs but after an hour of waiting with 2 small kids we just wolfed our food down and left. The bills were screwed up too. They didn't charge my brother-in-law for the awful drink but did charge them for the kids milk that should've been on our bill. The food seemed to taste ok but we were in such a hurry to get going that we couldn't take the time to enjoy it. It also took forever to get the bill.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My son and I ate here on 2 different occasions. The food was good even though it was a little pricey and the staff was wonderful. If you eat here you must have a bowl of their chili. It is the best I ever had!!!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My dinner last night was probably one of the worst dining experiences of my life. We were a party of eight, three of whom had the prime rib. The meat was so tough and gristly we could hardly chew it. One in the party had shrimp alfredo that turned out to be not much more than a bowl of cheese sauce. We arrived at 6:30pm and were told that they were out of baked potatoes. I spoke with the manager about the prime rib. She appeared flippant and could not have cared less. Last night they lost eight customers.

1  Thank JAMES L