“Pre-Rocky Mountain N.P. Visit”

Trailhead Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Trailhead Restaurant can be entered from the gift shop. At the Trailhead you may enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner and beverages, including regionally brewed and national brand beers, served from our Old West log bar. The experience of the Trailhead will be unforgettable as you dine surrounded by a panorama of towering mountains and the nearby seductive high peaks and forests of Rocky Mountain National Park.For those wanting a truly remarkable dining experience, try a meal on our expansive log and stone pillar open-air deck. From your table you will be treated to a magnificent view of mountains soaring above Fall River as it winds past forests, meadows and grazing wildlife. To the east you will see Fall River Valley bordered by mountains. To the west are majestic high peaks with a glimpse of Trail Ridge Road, leading to the Continental Divide and all that awaits you ahead in the Park, including the region’s highest mountain: Long’s Peak.While enjoying your meal or drink, have a park meal prepared, packed and ready-to-go when you are. Or, if a visit to our restaurant is not possible, you may simply want to take snacks, coffee, or other beverages and one of our packaged lunches with you. Don’t forget dessert!
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stopped here with my mom just prior to heading into RMNP. It was just after the restaurant opened for the morning and we got a seat next to a window that overlooked the incredible mountain scenery. The rustic atmosphere of the restaurant was just perfect. It was nice and quiet as there were only two other tables in use at this time. We enjoyed a nice meal - buckwheat pancakes, french toast, juice and coffee. Our server, Ramesh was most attentive and friendly. It was great that Rocky Mountain Gateway (information center) was adjacent as I had several questions about the park, hiking trails, road conditions, etc.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

They use to have hummingbird feeders up outside while you eat your lunch. Well they stopped and the restaurant manager said it was because the Park Service told them not to put up the feeders because the hummingbirds run into the windows (?). Well, I checked with John Mac of the Park Service and NOT TRUE. They are just too lazy to clean and maintain the hummingbird feeders! It was great fun to have lunch and watch the beautiful hummingbird feeders. Food is average (you won't get sick) and service is average. They employ foreign students.

Thank D.H.Denver
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This was the first meal we ate out when arriving in Estes Park, and we wanted somewhere with a good view. After reading some of the other reviews, I was a little nervous about hyping it to my family and making the recommendation from an ad I saw in a restaurant guide in the cabin we were vacationing in. We loved the little store, and were seated quickly outside and had a gorgeous view. It was a little chilly, but we expected that and brought jackets. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive, and my two young children were very excited by the kids menus with pictures to color of mountain animals and a basket of crayons. I wasn't expecting much with the food, but it was delicious! My husband had the chili and a house salad, which was enormous, fresh and delicious — I got the fish and chips which was solidly good and the french fries had some sort of amazing seasoning on them. My four-year-old son was thrilled they had PB&J. There were stables with horses down wind, but we live in the country at home, so it wasn't anything we weren't used to, and it wasn't really bad at all. We loved this restaurant; it's a great to-do on a mountain vacation!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

The view of Rock Mountain National Park is exceptional from the outside seating of the Trailhead Restaurant. It's at the gateway of this awesome park and a great place to stop for a decent meal. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. The three of us all had a decent lunch. The food is average at best, but many of the items were unusual (Elk stew & a hamburger of a mixture of the meat from several different wild animals). A large selection of items on the menu and plenty from which to choose. A great place while you're on the way to have a decent meal at a fair price with an exceptional view.

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed eating outside on the deck. It was very pleasant. I had soup and salad. It was just enough food. My friends had fish and chips. It was pretty good. The restaurant has a gift shop. I bought some pecan popcorn. Thank you from Rita Bennett and Steve Nordstrom from Westminster Colorado

1  Thank ilovetotravvel2