“Amazing view”

Trailhead Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 128 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Trailhead Restaurant can be entered from the gift shop. At the Trailhead you may enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner and beverages, including regionally brewed and national brand beers, served from our Old West log bar. The experience of the Trailhead will be unforgettable as you dine surrounded by a panorama of towering mountains and the nearby seductive high peaks and forests of Rocky Mountain National Park.For those wanting a truly remarkable dining experience, try a meal on our expansive log and stone pillar open-air deck. From your table you will be treated to a magnificent view of mountains soaring above Fall River as it winds past forests, meadows and grazing wildlife. To the east you will see Fall River Valley bordered by mountains. To the west are majestic high peaks with a glimpse of Trail Ridge Road, leading to the Continental Divide and all that awaits you ahead in the Park, including the region’s highest mountain: Long’s Peak.While enjoying your meal or drink, have a park meal prepared, packed and ready-to-go when you are. Or, if a visit to our restaurant is not possible, you may simply want to take snacks, coffee, or other beverages and one of our packaged lunches with you. Don’t forget dessert!
Seattle, Washington
“Amazing view”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Good place to be... Great food, Great service and Amazing view...This place does also have a great place to shop as well

I had corn cake and my girlfriend had salmon sandwich...Corn cake was awesome..was real fluffy n great flavor ... My GF loved her sandwich ...

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank davidsds_13

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Best of Estes”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Just came back from Estes Park where me and my wife had some good time. We try to go here every year and we always stop at the Trailhead for lunch on the way to the park. The view is amazing, our server was nice and the food was incredible (I had chipotle wrap and my wife had a cup of soup). This is the place to try the taste of Estes.

• Visited February 2013
“Elk burger for a Mississippi. Gal”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I would like to thank our waiter he was absolutely wonderful, professional and he looked so nice in his chef like uniform . We had an elk burger,buffalo burger and fish and chips it was very good and looked good to ,we all shared so we could try it all out I love family stuff! The prices were fair and there were items for sale everywhere you couldn't be still for looking at everything . I love this place and would stop back here again if I returned. It was nice and quiet due to off season .i don't know what it would be like in the peak season.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Renee T
Portland, Oregon
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for breakfast and it was wonderful. Fresh eggs and pancakes. Wonderful view of mountains.

Peoria, Illinois
“Good Views if you get seated outside, but food is "just ok"”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I went there for breakfast and were promptly seated on the covered deck in the back at our request. Beautiful views. Our server was courteous and helpful. My eggs were slightly undercovered and heavily dusted with spices (dried basil or parsely, and something else). My homefries were absolutely undercooked, crisp in the center like an apple. My wife was slightly more impressed, but still not satisfied enough to "want" to eat there again. The enourmous gift shop that occupies the same building is well worth the trip, but I'd pass on the food.

• Visited August 2012