“Don't bother to order a salad”

Ed's Cantina & Grill
Ranked #17 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Ok, it's Sunday night, high season, a lot of hungry people. But to tell us we have to wait for 25 min and we ended up to wait for 45 isn't right.
I ordered the arugula-tomato salad without the onions and the egg and got a handful of arugula leaves, three cherry tomatoes, some sprinkles of cheese and a few fried taco stripes. Didn't see any avocados in the avocado dressing. Barely counting as a meal, more a side but with a hefty price tag of $10.00.
Our wheat beer was served without glasses. That's a no-no for beer enthusiast. We were told the bar was running out of glasses!?!
My husband's "mess" burger was ok, the fries were very good. They saved my life, otherwise I would have left this place VERY hungry.

2  Thank Texasteam
Write a ReviewReviews (1,704)

Reviewed August 12, 2013

we ate here with our two kids and several friends - although i'm not sure the orders came out correctly, nor did we get the best service, our food was good!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The best chili rellenos we had in 20 years. Truly. And the fresh salsa, grilled squash, rich and beans.... you get the idea. AND, we are very sensitive to salt. No problem with this meal. It was all excellent. Great service as well.

1  Thank Brent D
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This place is great!
We couldn't wait the two hours to get in at dinner time, so we opted to have lunch here the next day.... What a great choice.
The staff was very friendly and my burrito was quite possibly the best I have ever had...!
Sit out back if available....

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I came here because his name is Ed. We had not had any recommendation, it was on a whim.

The main seating area was full so we found a spot in the bar area to sit and eat. The service was great and prompt and our server was very honest when we had questions. I had originally ordered bison taco's and she said that the bison taco's 'today' were a little spicy so if I didn't want spicy that there were other options. Ed got the bison taco's instead and they were gone in no time. I ended up getting one of the burrito's and I was VERY happy with it as well.

I would come back here.

Been to Ed's Cantina & Grill? Share your experiences!