“A good family restaurant”

Ed's Cantina & Grill
Ranked #17 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family ate here on our trip to Estes Park and really enjoyed our meal. We went at dinner time and sat outside on the patio, overlooking the Big Thompson River. The kids menu was good and my daughter liked her chicken tenders. The chicken mole enchiladas were very good, as were the bison enchiladas. Our waitress was very attentive and answered all our questions with patience and a smile.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,703)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

While in Estes Park over the 4th of July weekend, my friends and I went to ed's for breakfast. the atmosphere was amazing and the staff was super friendly. Our server recommended the baked oatmeal, which i ordered with a side of scrambled eggs. the portions were very large and reasonably priced. After our meal while still finishing a few mimosa's our server told us several places to hike with our dogs, then she wrote detailed directions. Thank you Bronson for recommending mt Crosier, the cinnamon rolls at glen haven were the best. We will be back again and again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is not your typical mexican restaurant. I would say the food is a little more 'foo foo'. It was FANTASTIC and probably the best meal on our 9 day trip.

The drinks were quite tasteful and well mixed.

The service a little overwhelmed but the place was full. I felt she handled the situation fine but other tables seemed to be a little upset.

My only disappointment with the meal was that you did not receive the normal complimentary chips and salsa when you were seated. You did get chips as a side on your plate but this was probably the 1st time I had not had the aforementioned chips upon being seated in any mexican restaurant. Had I had the chips and salsa, I probably would have ordered more drinks.

Do not hesitate to stop in. Even if they are full, the wait is not that long.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Every trip to Estes MUST include ED's! They have amazing staff and they truly make you feel right at home.....

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about Ed's. The service was quick and friendly and accomodating to our special requests. The bison tacos were great and the burrito was to die for. By far, this was the best place that we ate on our 4,000 mile trip from Tennessee. The food was delicious!!!