“Great for takeout!”

Grumpy Gringo
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Presenting freshly made unique American items and old favorite Mexican dishes in a casual and comfortable setting. We're located in the picturesque mountain setting of Estes Park, Colorado just next to Rocky Mountain National Park. Whether you're visiting Estes Park on vacation, or a long-time local, Grumpy Gringo is sure to please. With an extensive menu, including a great kid's menu, there's something for everybody in your party. We've been serving up the very best food for years here in Estes Park. We have added a great list of Colorado boutique beers this year to compliment our outstanding and popular Margaritas.
Layton, Utah
“Great for takeout!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I called ahead for takeout, and the woman who answered the phone gave me great tips on what we might like. Our food was ready very fast, and everyone enjoyed their entrees. The person who greeted me when I arrived to pick up our food cheerfully volunteered to help me carry everything out to my car. Good value, great service.

Visited June 2013

Kiron
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not a good experience!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Ate 1/2 of the 2 chicken enchiladas served there on May 9th. They were terrible and I ended up with a bacterial infection my family doctor says more than likely came from misprepared food. Today is June 1st and after 2 rounds of antibiotics, I am finally feeling better. The staff was friendly and for the most part, the atmosphere good, but there was a hole in the ceiling above our table!? I definitely do not recommend The Grumpy Gringo!

Channelview, Texas
“Save your $”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The food was terrible and over priced. They need to go back to the drawing board on the salsa they serve with chips. You can get better salsa from a jar. We ordered a dinner that came with enchalidas. The tortilla was not cooked, the cheese was not melted, the sauce? Who knows? I couldn't stomach it because the rest was so bad.

Staff was friendly, but I can't understand how a place like this can stay in business, unless the population of Estes Park has never had real Mexican food.

Texas visitor

1 Thank Susanne M
Monte H, Manager at Grumpy Gringo, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
We serve thousands of very satisfied cumtomers each year, who by table visits or customer comments, indicate to us their pleasure. We will continue to strive to serve the very best freshly prepared food with great customer service. We implore any customer who is not satisfied with their food or service, to tell us immediately, at the time, so that we may correct any such problems and make their visit as enjoyable as possible.
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Passable Mexican food”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Not the best or worst we've had. Friendly staff, but sometime overwhelmed. Most food is not very spicy, but sauces can be added. Just really can't recommend...other places better in town.

• Visited June 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Waiterَ!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

You know what?? Today I had the best and most pleasant waiter in my entire life. Her name is Laura. As I remember she is european, maybe from lithuania. She is amazing, friendly and always smiling. I love it. Also food was very tasty. If you will be there always ask the waiter Laura and leave her a good tip. She is worth it!!!! I will go back here for sure! Thank you ;))) Dewey