“" one of the best places in Estes Park for a great meal "”

Sweet Basilico Cafe
Ranked #28 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Sweet basillico is one of the best places to eat in Estes Park, Colorado, locally owned by a wonderful Chef. Great menu selection, beer and wine list nice atmosphere without being stuffy. One of the favorites of the locals.

Come as you are for lunch or dinner, my favorite is sausage and peppers.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

we were in Estes Park for the weekend, hungry for Italian and we went to Sweet Basilico and was impressed with their food, their friendliness, their service. All very good. I would recommend. They also had a duo that played acoustic and that too was so pleasant!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Sweet Basilico's is a very good Italian food restaurant. Simple atmosphere with a large menu and great flavors. Service was good and will definitely visit again

Reviewed December 7, 2013

What a fun place to eat & relax! Had a great dinner, nice glass of wine... & they had a duo singing/playing guitar too! Prices quite reasonable (my Italian Sangiovese red wine was less than $8 per glass!!). The staff was friendly & attentive. The owner, Raul, seated me & then later, came by to say hello - nice touch. Will definitely eat here again!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Estes Park is a wonderful small town and they have a wonderful Italian restaurant that bridges the divide between a small Colorado mountain town and Italian food. My wife and I ate at Sweet Basilico twice in early November and we enjoyed both meals very much. The veal parmesan was absolutely great! Other dishes were very good, but not quite up to the veal dish. Their bread and dinner salads were also very good. The wine selection was modest but perfectly adequate and not overpriced. Actually, the prices were quite good all around.

Why didn't I give it a 5 rating? Both my wife and I thought there was a touch too much salt in their sauce. It wasn't enough to make the sauce unappetizing, but if I could have magically removed some of the salt then I think the meal would have been just a little bit better.

The next time I'm in Estes Park I will most definitely have at least one meal at Sweet Basilico…the salt issue isn't nearly enough to keep me away from their wonderful restaurant.

1  Thank SteveABQ