“Great lunch specials”
Review of The Other Side

The Other Side
Ranked #23 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Nestled by the Big Thompson River near the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, The Other Side Restaurant invites you to enjoy traditional all-American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner: choice steaks, prime rib, lobster, crab, pasta, salads and daily Chef's Specials.
Reviewed November 5, 2010

We have eaten many times at The Other Side. They have the best lunch specials we have found in Estes Park. They rotate the specials. They are very reasonably priced and always very good. Service is good most of the time and it is always fun to watch the ducks in the pond.

Reviewed October 29, 2010

My daughters & I went to The Other Side Restaurant in July and had the best parmesan encrusted halibut we had ever tasted. I was looking forward to repeating the same wonderful meal, when visiting Estes Park with my husband in October. However, the same menu item, parmesan encrusted halibut, was horrible. Instead of being "encrusted" it had a thick, rather soggy mixture of cheeses on a poorly-cooked piece of soggy halibut.

My husband had to send back his New York steak because it was burned on the outside, and his replacement steak wasn't much better. Since he sent his dish back, I didn't feel right about sending my dish back as well. So I reluctantly ate my fish, although I was extremely disappointed. Also, our baked potatoes were much smaller than the size of a fist and were dried out. Our tab for this poor meal was about $60, which added insult to injury.

The wait-staff was outstanding during both July and October, but it seemed as though the chef from July had been traded in for a poor short-order cook for October. Very disappointed, and we don't plan to return there on our next visit to Estes Park.

1  Thank jcjintegrity
nationalparkvillage, Owner at The Other Side, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2010

I'm terribly sorry for your disappoiniting expereince in October. We have had a change of kitchen leadershipand unfortunately in the transition have not always managed to maintain the quality expecations that I hold for my establishment. Should the opportunity present itself and should you choose to take a chance on us again please allow me to host you and your guest in the future. I beleive that we are heading in a positive direction unfortunately for you we stumbled on that occasion. I do appreciate your willingness to share your experience so that I can better understand the areas that I need to refocus on.

Very Sincerely,

Scott Webermeier
Owner
The Other Side Restaurant

Reviewed September 17, 2010

The atmosphere was nice ( with the ducks) - the food was good - we had fried green tomatoes and salmon (one salad, one baked or grilled) - and we liked the food. It just really seemed over priced for what we had. The wait staff was friendly and attentive despite being busy but we feel no need to go back ...

Reviewed September 17, 2010

During our week in Estes we ate here twice. Once for breakfast, in which the serving were HUGE and delicious! Once for lunch in which the sandwiches were excellent and sides delicious. The special was a prime rib sandwich and was the best I've had anywhere. Service was fast and excellent...and this was during a week that included both Labor Day and the Scottish Highland Festival. I've read previous reviews that were less than satisfactory. I think those people lost out in not staying until dinner arrived!

Reviewed September 16, 2010

My husband and I ate at the Otherside because of several recommendations! We ate downstairs by the the lake, and it was beautiful!! So much fun to watch and feed the ducks. Our server was great, and looking around I could tell the rest of the servers were just as professional and personable!! She made several suggestions, and was sure to mention that they had a new chef, and to take notice of the specials!! I really appreciated that she cared about our experience. The food was fantastic, colorful, hot, and looked fabulous on the plate. The entire experience was fantastic. You can definitely tell the owners know what they are doing!! We will definitely be back, when we visit Estes again!!