“Surprise behind the little store front” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Other Side

The Other Side
Ranked #27 of 127 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nestled by the Big Thompson River near the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, The Other Side Restaurant invites you to enjoy traditional all-American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner: choice steaks, prime rib, lobster, crab, pasta, salads and daily Chef's Specials.
Chadds Ford PA
“Surprise behind the little store front”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Good menu selection and great view. We never would have expected it from the little store front behind the gas station.

Visited September 2012

• Finnish first
Chico, California
“Not worth the money they charge”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

After being on the road for 6 days we decided we wanted a good meal and chose the Other Side based on reviews on this site. There are 2 sides, one being fine dining and the other being a cafe. We chose the fine dining. At first the waiter was very friendly and seemed very good. He took our orders and brought our salads, which were pretty pathetic. (I would expect this from a Denney's) I ordered the parmesian cheese encrusted halibut and chose the one side you are allowed. The fish was drowned in mayonaise and awful. My husband got the almondine trout which wasn't bad. He also got a baked potatoe. The waiter never stopped by our table again to see how things were, although he passed by several times. When we got our bill we saw we were charge $2.00 for each potatoe for the toppings. WHAT!! We called him over and he said oh yes, we charge for toppings on baked potatoes. We told him he did not tell us this, nor was it on the menu and we were not paying for it. He took it to the manager and had it removed.
This was not an inexpensive meal. Had I noticed the halibut was $26 I would not of ordered it. We left the waiter a 10% tip and he was lucky to get that

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Deb G
Aurora, Colorado
“Above & Beyond Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was recently married in Estes Park and had my rehearsal dinner at The Other Side. Originally the rehearsal dinner was planned with another restaurant in town, but when my mother-in-law attempted to make changes to our reservation, the other restaurant claimed to have no such information and refused to make one for us since they don't allow large parties (18 people) to make reservations until October. In a panic and with the wedding only weeks away, my mother-in-law contacted The Other Side and they were more than willing to help us out. They provided a private room for our party, coordinated our wedding colors with the decorations used, made special dinner menus from their regular menu specific to our party, and allowed us to bring in a cake that they cut & served for us and our guests. I loved the private room as it allowed our family to enjoy ourselves and the dinner. On top of that, the food was excellent and the restaurant was clean. The Other Side saved our rehearsal dinner and made the night special for me and my husband.They went above and beyond and I am so grateful to The Other Side!

Aurora, Colorado, United States
“Saved our rehearsal dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

In April, I had made reservations for my Son's Rehearsal Dinner at an unnamed Italian Resturaunt in town. I called to change the time from 5:30 pm to 6:00 pm in August. They claimed to have no reservation and would not help at all to accommodate 20 people. I was in a panick, as the dinner was just a few weeks away. I called the Other Side, and they were so accommodating and helpful! They seated us in a separate room, asked the colors of the wedding, and put the wedding colors on the table. The food was fabulous! They saved our night! Beautiful place! Thank you do much The Other Side!

Lake Worth, Fl
“Good Food with a View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

This restaurant has 2 sides one for casual dining and the other side for a little more fine dining (this is the side we chose). The food, service and atmosphere were very good. We sat next to a big picture window, there was a pond just outside with lots of ducks. It was nice to watch them while we ate.

Visited September 2012