“Mixed Feelings”
Review of The Other Side

The Other Side
Ranked #23 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Nestled by the Big Thompson River near the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, The Other Side Restaurant invites you to enjoy traditional all-American cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner: choice steaks, prime rib, lobster, crab, pasta, salads and daily Chef's Specials.
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My husband and I went there for a Father's Day Lunch in the dining room. We had been there before for the Sunday Brunch, and also had eaten before in the cafe. This time around we sat by the lake and were able to watch the ducks which was really relaxing. We went for the lunch meal on Saturday. I would have to say the lunch menu is not very varied, there was sandwiches, burgers,a not very exciting menu. We should have waited for dinner, when they switch to the dinner menu which is more varied. My husband's food the seafood platter which had different types of seafood, tuna, clams etc. was very dry and overcooked. My Monte Cristo tasted fine, but I chose it because it was the only sandwich on the lunch menu that wasn't what every other American restaurant has on it's menu. Our Nachos which we had for our appetizer were the only redeeming part of the meal. The waitress we had this time a young latino woman, was not very attentive and acted like she could care less if we were there or not. She was not in the best of moods. We have better experiences in the past with this restaurant and it's staff, but this time was a washout. Perhaps next time we should stick to dinner or Sunday Buffet, and get a different waitress.

Reviewed June 8, 2011

I was married in Estes Park in June 2010. I had my wedding reception in the lakeside room. I loved all of the food they had to choose from during our menu selections for the reception dinner. It was so hard to choose they made me a specialized menu of each course because I had such a hard time choosing. I had also had Breakfast on the day of our wedding, I guess I couldn't stay away! They all were accommodating to my every need as a bride.

Prudy was amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better person to manage my reception. She was thorough and absolutely remarkable!!!!

My husband and I are now at our 1 year anniversary and have reservations for our anniversary dinner in the Lakeside room where we shared our new start as husband and wife! I can't wait for the Rocky Mountain trout and Juicy Steaks YUMMM!

Reviewed June 6, 2011

My husband and I ate here for lunch on a Thursday. It was a BEAUTIFUL day with clear blue skies and a perfect view of the mountains and a lake outside the restaurant (with ducks!). My husband ordered a soup and sandwich special and I got a steak sandwich special (slices of steak with sauteed onions, mushrooms, and peppers). My steak sandwich was just alright and really too big to eat like a sandwich. There was a tomato slice and lettuce on the side and usually if it's suppose to be open face and eaten with a fork and knife, there isn't toppings on the side. On the other hand, my husband's roast beef sandwich and clam chowder soup was very tasty. It was also a whole sandwich, not half a sandwich. In conclusion, the amount of food we got for the price we paid was very good, the view was amazing, and the taste of the food was hit or miss.

Reviewed May 13, 2011

My wife and I spent a long weekend in Estes Park (5/6/11-5/10/11). On our 1st night there we didnt know where to eat so we just stopped in at "The Other Side" restaurant. It was the night of their seafood buffet. WOW!!!! We are from Long Island and I have to say that it was the BEST seafood I have ever eaten, Great fish that wasn't "Fishy" !!!! Cod, Tilapia, salmon, snapper,catfish calamari,clams,oysters,shrimp and so much more....all prepared differently and Obviously very fresh!!! They even had King Crab legs which I didnt even get to eat because I could not stop eating the fish. My absolute favorite was......the Cod Parmasean !!!! ..and the Blackened Snapper..... and the fried Catfish.....Unbelievable!!! The Waitstaff was also Great and more than helpful. The only drawback was that I was so full from dinner that I couldn't try the dessert bar which looked awesome. From what I understand, the seafood buffet only happens a few times a year, so it is a MUST DO when you are in the area.
Thanks,
Joseph & Reba

Reviewed March 18, 2011

We went here for lunch and were seated promptly. The waiter took a little longer to get our drinks and appetizer, but they seemed fairly busy for being the off season. The food was delicious though with very large portions, but seemed semi-pricey even though we ordered from the lunch menu. Neither I nor my husband could finish our meals and needed boxes. The view was gorgeous as we had a table next to the windows which looked out on the pond and mountains.