“Nice ambiance”

The Waterfront Grille
Ranked #50 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Description: The Waterfront Grille, located inside The Estes Park Resort, is the only Lakefront Dining in Estes. Our restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, happy hour, and dinner 7 days per week. Breathtaking views overlooking Lake Estes, the Continental Divide, and Long's Peak from both our dining room, and outside deck seating area.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We (me/husband/preteen son) went for a late dinner. Most of Estes Park seems to close around 9, and luckily this restaurant was open. The view on the water is lovely. My husband had a couple of beers and catfish (special). I ate the chocolate ganache (what? I wasn't dinner hungry!). Son had chicken fingers and apple cider. We all enjoyed our food, and sat in the benches by the window. It was a nice lounge feel. Our server Kari was friendly and quick. Oh, for the kids they have the menus stuck to the back of an Etch-a-Sketch - so that was a fun twist! It's a nice, cloth napkin sort of restaurant, but clearly also kid-friendly.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I have previously been to Estes Park at the Waterfront Grille with my family, but on a girls get-a-way we knew we had to stop back! The view is by far the BEST in town. We sat right in front of the window sipping our beverages, enjoying our meal and loving every minute of it. A few of US had the "build your own" sandwich, love the idea. I had chicken, my friend had a burger and we got to put exactly what we wanted ob it! Bacon is the best tasting bacon I have ever eaten and the Pretzel bun was awesome!! Server was smiling and friendly too! Definitely making sure we enjoyed our visit and we did! Been here a few times & will be back again!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was our third stay over the weekend at the Estes Park resort. We did not know that they would be so busy. During our stay just in one day they had three weddings. One morning we had breakfast at the third floor ,place what is called mezzanine I guess, and the food and service was excellent like always. Ilona- the restaurant manager recognized us right away, and accommodated us, treated us like VIP'S. This is one of the reason why we come back all the time here. Staff is very friendly and they want to please. Dinner time the restaurant was back where is usual. I do not know how they managed to move everything back so fast ! The atmosphere was just great !!!. They had a piano player what added even more to our experience. Food was excellent ! I had the rib eye, my wife the lamb, and the kids both the beef stroganoff. Our server was Rachel, she did ok. I still wonder how this people managed everything to be good, food to come in time, and having so many things going on. Our pleasure was that Ms. Spangler , who was talking to other tables and customers had time to stop by our table and ask us how our dinner is going. I was reading the other reviews, and I do not understand from were this people are coming from. Our experience was great all the time, staff was great all the time, we will be back. For us, was always a five star experience.

Christopher C, General Manager at The Waterfront Grille, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your positive experience here for others to read about! Everyone has a different expectation - and I am very pleased to read that we have exceeded yours - as is our goal for everyone who walks into our dining room or lounge!

We can be a busy place - but it is our goal to give every guest the personal attention that you received.

Comments like yours are an absolute pleasure to read! Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed at Estes Park Resort for two nights in August 2013 and made the mistake of having diner and two breakfasts at the Waterfront Grille & Lounge.

Diner - Service was poor ( and we were served by the resturant manager). Of the four meals ordered, 3 were ok but my Salmon arrived uncooked in the middle and it had to be sent back.

Breakfast #1 - Service great (not sure of the gentlemens name) - food was ok

Breakfast #2 - Service was poor (not sure of the ladies name) - of the four meals ordered, everything was ok but they were out of white bread for toast so we went with whole wheat toast, which arrived late and stone cold. Can you image, how hard is to make toast!

Over all rating - poor!

Christopher C, General Manager at The Waterfront Grille, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your experience with us - I do wish you would have let me know about your displeasure while here with us - I would have been more than happy to immediately address your concerns to make sure no one else had the negative dining experience you had. I will share your feedback with both our dining room, and kitchen staff. Thank you for joining us, and I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The food at best can be compared to a bad buffet. My ribeye was around $50 and was one of the worst steaks I've eaten. My husband's salmon also was terrible, the bright spot was the complimentary bread they bring to your table. The wait staff is trying hard but the chef was horrible. The area is beautiful outside the windows, but someone needs to be purchasing better cuts of meat. When the bill is well over $100 for two with no alcohol, the food should be good.

1  Thank Monica W

Hello Monica-
Thank you for joining us for dinner - I am disappointed to hear your experience was not a better one! The feedback you have given us is unusual, as we typically hear great things about our steaks - Our $35 ribeye is generally an excellent cut -but I will investigate to see what happened on the dates of your stay with us. My apologies - however thank you for the opportunity to get a problem resolved.