“Love the restaurant at The Estes Park Resort--James is the best!”

The Waterfront Grille
Ranked #53 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Description: The Waterfront Grille, located inside The Estes Park Resort, is the only Lakefront Dining in Estes. Our restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, happy hour, and dinner 7 days per week. Breathtaking views overlooking Lake Estes, the Continental Divide, and Long's Peak from both our dining room, and outside deck seating area.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Have eaten there several times over the past year.
Bloody Marys are fresh and the best I have ever had.
Great food, unbelievably beautiful view.
James was our server this past weekend. He was fabulous and went way beyond to make our celebration lunch one we will be talking about for some time. Thank you James!
Signage could/should be improved to let people know you are there. Far to easy to pass by if you do not know about this little gem. Get the word out!

1  Thank Sandra H

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I took a short 3 day trip to Estes Park and stopped at the Waterfront Grille & Lounge for a late, quick dinner. I think there were maybe 5 other people in the entire restaurant other then us. The food was "out of this world"......compliments to the Chef! I had a steak and it was superb. The bartender, James, was extremely friendly and very enjoyable to talk to.

1  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I recently ate at the Waterfront Grille. Before going, I made reservations for our dinner. I was asked if we wanted to be seated at a window table or not. I specifically asked if the window table would be cold. I was told it would not be. They were wrong. We had dinner at 7pm on a Saturday. There weren't a lot of other diners, probably because it's not their high season. I would guess if you had dinner there during the warmer months, being next to the window wouldn't be an issue. I would not recommend sitting next to the windows during the colder months, unless you like it cold. The dining room itself was was unremarkable. Very bright large room but nothing special. There was a large group of young people dining which were very loud and annoying.

We were seated to our table, got our water and menus. Our waitress came over to the table, let us know about the special of the day and left to get our bread. When she returned, she took our order and went to get my husband's wine. About 20 minutes later she came back with our entrees, totally forgetting the crab cakes my husband ordered. She apologized but didn't really seem too upset about the whole thing. She offered to give them to us to take home but we declined.

The entrees we did get were good although my tilapia was a bit greasy from either butter or oil, not sure. My husband had the halibut special which he said was good. Fresh veggies and rice were the sides. I never touched the rice, very plain and not worth eating. My husband had a winter squash risotto with his veggies which was good.

This would be a very nice place to eat at during the warmer months when you can enjoy the outdoor scenery. Might or might not go back.

Christopher C, General Manager at The Waterfront Grille, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Hi Carol,
Thank you for allowing us to serve you a meal while in Estes Park! I am sorry we were not able provide you with a more comfortable dining area. We will take a look at our windowside tables immediately, so that any drafts are eliminated right away! I will also share your feedback with our kitchen team, we don't want simply some of our dishes to be amazing - we want all of them to be! Thank you again for being our guest, I hope the next time you are in Estes Park, you will stop in, and see our new menu and join us for a warm meal!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The kitchen has a new chef, and the food is extraordinary! The views are spectacular and romantic, and the ambiance marvelous.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Waterfront Restaurant is particularly nice. With their new chef, we have noticed a significant improvement in the quality of food. Service has always been excellent, and the view from the restaurant/bar and hotel in general can easily be considered the best in the Estes Park valley. The hotel sits directly on the north shore of beautiful Lake Estes with an incredible view of Long's Peak, Meeker and the Continental Divide range in RMNP. The evening sunsets are often extraordinary in all seasons. The only draw back is the front desk, which is a bit spartan when you first enter. However, you are not there to enjoy the minimal lobby; check in and go directly to the bar and its inviting fireplace!

The morning and evening walks along the waterfront of Lake Estes are spectacular, and you can usually meet the nicest people, locals and visitors, strolling leisurely or jogging, riding bicycles and peddling carriages. And don't miss the abundance of wildlife that wanders the grounds such as deer and elk, occasional foxes, coyotes and bobcats. Estes Park is considered by many the most beautiful mountain town in Colorado...for good reason!