“Yum!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The food here was delicious. My husband got pizza and I was a little chilly so I ordered soup and it was soo good! We had a slight problem with the bill, the waiter mixed our table and another tables up, but he cleared it up and everything was fine. I don't know if it was a family owned place, but it seemed like it, and I liked the feel. All the staff was very helpful.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Before we ate here we read every other review of pizza places in Estes Park. Either they had lousy seating options, more designed for take-out (there were five of us) or there were limited vegetarian options on the menu. We were all set to head for Cheesy Lees Amazing Pizza until we found out that it was closed due to a move to a new location. We finally settled on Poppy’s. Now I am wondering if we shouldn’t have ordered takeout from someplace else and gone back to our rental and ate at the kitchen table. We arrived around 8 PM, the place was crowded and we were seated at a four top booth with a chair on the end. After sitting in the booth for a few minutes, the hostess saved us and moved us to a larger round table. Our server was on his second night of training and clearly needed more menu experience. He was very nice and tried his damndest. Three of our group are either current or former servers, so we tried not to beat him up. We tried the onion rings and the Colors of Italy Bruschetta for appetizers. The onion rings were cold and greasy and the Colors of Italy came with cold cheese topped baguette. The other items were ok but nothing to write home about. We all agreed that it was fortunate that we had a coupon for a free onion ring. We decided to order 5 different individual pizzas and I think it was unanimous that the pizzas were pretty good, not the best we have ever had but eatable. They were hot and the toppings and crusts pretty good. The only other complaint was that wife and another female member of our party were seated under the AC outlet and were cold throughout the whole mean. I am sure nobody wanted to ask to be moved yet again. I really think we will be trying someplace else for Pizza on our next visit to Estes Park.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ate several times at Poppy's during out stay in Estes Park. They have a nice patio area right on the river walk, the river was roaring making for a neat experience. Service was very prompt, and I found the tables, restrooms and restaurant in general to be very clean. Food was delicious, and nice size portions. As many of the reviews on TA have said, the pizza was tasty and the beer cold.. nice experience after a day hiking in the park. Free parking close by. Highly recommended.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had dinner here one time and returned for drinks because of the outside seating near the river.

In both of our visits to this location we had great service, great food, and great drinks! The outside seating next to the river was awesome and we really enjoyed our experience!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Good pizza, beer and burgers. Great location along the Big Thompson River...ask to sit outside to enjoy the babbling sounds of the river.