“Breakfast is great”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We ate here before moving on from Estes Park. The breakfast was just what we needed - eggs cooked how you like them with the yummiest smoked ham that they smoked themselves. The ambience of the place was also very cosy and I would recommend breakfast here in a heart beat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,235)

Reviewed June 11, 2014

When we arrived they asked us to wait 15 minutes. There were many tables open, but it seemed that they were short handed because the summer staff had not yet arrived. That was fine because when we got seated our waiter handled our order quickly and efficiently. I had the chicken fajita wrap with green chile. It was an odd plate, but I enjoyed it. The wrap was stuffed so you had to eat with knife and fork, and I left most of the tortilla. There were retried beans with tortilla chips and a little lettuce and tomato salad with no dressing. As I said, I did enjoy my meal, and my husband was happy with his pulled chicken sandwich. The lemon meringue pie for dessert was a nice finish. This is a very casual eatery and hit the spot for our first night in Estes. We could walk from our hotel next door ( Murphy's River Lodge), which made it extra nice.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Inconsistent. I guess it depends on the season and th year. It is always exceptional...sometimes exceptionally average and sometimes exceptionally good.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I have eaten here a few times, and I am always pleased. Most entrees come with all-you-can-eat soup and salad - the salad bar is small, but fresh, and the soup is always homemade. The service was great, Lance was charming and prompt. We had the shrimp special (15.79 for 16 pieces, and a heaping helping of mashed potatoes!) and the chicken fried steak (delicious!) It's clean, nice, and family-friendly!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

If you want a great variety of family-friendly food served by the most helpful and friendly people, this is your spot. My wife and I had a buffalo burger and an elk burger which were moist and delicious. The cole slaw was creamy and dreamy being quite yummy. While we didn't save room for dessert, the pies looked scrumptious also. We have eaten here before and returned because of excellent prior experiences. We WILL return again. Special thanks to our servers, Pat and Tim. They could not have been more helpful with menu descriptions, prompt food delivery and with superb personal service!!!