“Good Breakfast Spot”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
bethjohngeo
“Good Breakfast Spot”
Reviewed August 7, 2008

Nice Staff, Eggs Benedict were tasty with great grits. Moderatly priced. 10% coupon found at our lodge. Would not go here for dinner....good breakfast place. Saw elk outside of restaurant at park that was cool!

Colorado
“You'd be better off skipping breakfast...”
Reviewed August 4, 2008

We were sent here by locals saying it was the best breakfast in town. The service was poor. The waitress not only made us feel rushed but never checked to see how we were doing.

The food was tasteless. I had to pour salsa all over my hashbrowns and omelette just to give it some flavor. The build-your-own omelette idea sounds good, but with each ingredient an additional 75 cents, it just makes for a very expensive, tasteless bunch of eggs. I added 2 ingredients, and they were very chintzy on the amount. Denny's makes way better omelettes.

1 Thank CO811
Oklahoma City
“AWESOME breakfast and lunch in Estes Park!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2008

I simply cannot believe the reviews I'm reading here! We went for breakfast this morning - peak summer season and 25 people waiting in line outside! While we ate we had 3 deli sandwiches made for us for a picnic.

Two of us had the most HEAVENLY waffles ever made! No, they are not "Belgian" waffles - those big puff pastry white bread monstrosities. These were made from almond flour and such a delicious crispy whole oat taste! I ate my plain with homemade maple syrup, and my son had at least 2 cups of FRESH blueberries served on top of his! I also had bacon and eggs which were done to perfection. It was all MUCH hotter than any other breakfast we've had in EP this week!

My wife commented "How can people so far from the South cook grits this good?" She loved her omlette too.

Our sandwiches were huge - we all loved the freshly smoked meats. My wife had chicken salad which was prepared more like traditional tuna salad. Tasted fine but not her favorite "tea room"-style chicken salad.

We STRONGLY encourage you to try Big Horn! Kid-friendly and unpretentious!

sarasota, FL
“don't bother to stop”
Reviewed June 22, 2008

My companion and I were going to RMNP, so we decided to have breakfast at the Big Horn which was closer to our condo than driving to town. Big mistake!
The coffee was weak and was the first red flag of things to come.
I ordered 2 eggs over easy with toast and the "hash browns".
The toast was not crisp and the potaotoes were the frozen variety and cold. Obviously, not even grilled for more than a second.
My companion ordered pancakes and a side order of bacon, or so it was called on the menu. It was not edible and could have actually been reheated from a prior life.
My companion complained and it was replaced by another order of "bacon" that wasn't much better..should have asked for a refund.
There are better places to spend your $15 plus tip. Would not recommend or ever return.

2 Thank SRQgirl
Tullahoma, TN
“Nothing special”
Reviewed June 21, 2008

Went for breakfast. Service was fast. Food was very average and not very hot. Nothing to write home about.

Been to Big Horn Restaurant? Share your experiences!