“Elk Burger”

The Grubsteak Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A locals favorite, The Grubsteak serves thick, hand-cut steaks and fantastic burgers, your choice of beef, elk, yak, buffalo and more! Wild game and vegetarian options, too. Gluten free menu available. Wide selection of local beer, wine list and cocktails. Enjoy dining inside in one of our Old West dining rooms or outside on our covered patio. Open daily for lunch and dinner year-round. Please call ahead for winter hours.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our waitress was very friendly and we were seated promptly. I had the Elk Burger which by default it comes cooked medium well and I forgot to ask to be prepared medium rare. Even though it was cooked well, it was not too dry. It was tasteful and the people that I was with also liked their food.
"For Estes Park standards", the food is very good and ranks 2nd in my Estes Park restaurants.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,024)

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had my family and my friends family visiting together Estes Park in July 4th weekend 2013. We were intrigued by the menu which included game animals. Of course we looked into reviews from tripadvisor and asked local people about similar restaurants. We found one of the nicest table by the window and one of the best waiter "Seth". Some ordered Elk steaks and others sirloin steaks. The steaks were prepared very well and we really enjoyed till the last bite. I will definitely go again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were there recently and enjoyed a nice dinner with our family. Reasonable prices and the food was good. I did appreciate that the manager was willing to go over to a group of rowdy women and ask them to keep the cursing and loud voices down as we have a small child. He even apologized to us which was nice. It was a little warm inside where we were so might suggest the patio area. We would definately eat there again as for Estes it was one of the most family friendly restaurants we've eaten at.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We were dining as a couple. I recommend comfortable seating on the covered patio; inside seating appeared too "cozy" for our tastes. Our waiter, Brandon, provided excellent service all evening. Menu was varied,with many good options. We both had "beefalo" (buffalo/beef blend) burgers and they were good. We're considering coming back again tomorrow night.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Food not bad but not exciting either. We had the fried mushrooms and avocado burger. We sat outside and our tables weren't that clean. The service staff was good and we didn't have a wait when many other restaurants did.