“good find”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We got the recommendation for Molly B's from a local. It is south of the old theater on the road towards the south entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. There are 2 public parking lots across the street relatively close. There is quite a bit of inside seating and a few tables outside. The building is an old building separated into a handful of dining rooms, with restrooms down a cool narrow staircase. The place has been well-kept so it doesn't smell old, if you know what I mean. It is decorated with beautiful photography of the rocky mountains. The older building character was a cool mountain feel.The menu is moderate size with a good variety of choices. They have a number of original dishes. I had the gyro enchilado...yes, seasoned lamb meat, cucumber sauce, etc wrapped in a tortilla with verde sauce. It was delicious. My husband had a salad and burger, both also very good. The kid's menu is pretty standard (Yay, kraft macaroni and cheese, said our son), but at least it was not cold and dried out as frequently happens when it's microwaved and waits for the adult meals. The service was fair...a little slow and we had to ask for things a couple times, but very nice waitress. The hostess was polite but not overly friendly. We will go back. Yummy food, no wait.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I went here because we saw it on Trip Advisor, and we did not like our experience. It took a while to be seated, and even longer to even get our drinks. We had considered leaving while we were waiting, but didn't. The waitress was nice, and took our orders, but we did not see her often. I got a chicken burrito and my husband got a chicken quesadilla, and neither one of us finished because it really wasn't very good. It wasn't awful, but there are definitely better places for Mexican food.

2  Thank Amanda W
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant looked like a good place for breakfast. We visited on a Saturday morning in early August 2013 and were very disappointed with every aspect of our visit. It took awhile for us to be noticed and seated upon arrival. Service was very slow and the waiter seemed totally confused about the menu and couldn't remember simple requests. Even though the restaurant was slow, our order took 30+ mins to arrive and when it did it was cold and incomplete. The table next to us had a similar problem with a long wait and poor service from another waitress and left before their food even arrived. When I asked to speak to the manager, it was another 10 minutes before anyone came to talk with us- and then, it was the afore mentioned waitress from the other table with poor service. She claimed to be the supervisor and wanted to know what we wanted her to do about the issues we shared with her. At that point we just asked for our ticket and to only pay for what we received. They brought our 2-party group 1 ticket, not split like we asked early on, and offered a 15% discount. We were upset that we wasted our time and money at this establishment when Estes Park has so many other good restaurants to offer.

3  Thank Kendall L
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We were totally dissatisfied with the poor quality of the food. Tasteless and overpriced are the 1st words that come to mind.

There are to many good family restaurants in Estes Park so don't waste your taste, time or money here!!!

2  Thank John0800
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Rarely have I written a bad review but I feel compelled to warn diners.

Typical stuff you should not have at any restaurant but happened here:

Didn't get seated even though the sign said "wait to be seated"
Slow service, very slow
Didn't ask how food was, not soup or entree
Empty drink glasses sat
Ditto the elk burger from previous reviews, frozen
finally, hair in my son's chicken finger (which McDonalds has better), the server actually attempted to take it off. What?!

Sorry to MollyB, I literally have never written a bad review like this but this time I had to. With so many places to eat in Estes, save your money for somewhere else.

3  Thank CallMeGomez