“Skip It”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We heard this place was great years ago but it must have new owners.
Food - mediocre, cleanliness - lacking and the bathroom was down, down, down a long, out of code staircase and dirty when you got there.
Nicest thing I can say is the waiter was cheerful and pleasant.

1  Thank Mel L

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Good place for a sandwich, just don't be in a hurry and service needs much improvement. We've eaten there a number of times and noticed folks seated after use received their food before us, this always aggrevates us, remember they only serve deli food. Prices ok.

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We had a destination wedding in Estes Park in October of 2012. I called months in advance after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor to inquire about having a larger(~30 people) dinner there the night before the wedding. The person I spoke with said it would be no problem, took my name and phone number, and that was how we'd left it. Fast forward to the day before the wedding, I had my sister call (which was continuously busy all afternoon) to confirm there were no issues and she freaked out. The manager (I assume) called me and wanted to know who I'd spoken with months earlier and if we'd made a reservation. After a fairly short phone conversation, he assured me there would be "no problems" but that he'd contact me if there was an issue.

We met for dinner there at 7:00 pm and there was a party of 3 as the ONLY other patrons in the restaurant. The young woman who greeted us after we'd been standing at the front door for a few moments asked us to wait a minute and then came back and told us we could sit down in a larger room obviously set up for our group.

As our guests began to arrive, we found the waitstaff somewhat slow and a little on the "snippy" side. They appeared frustrated and a bit irritated. I don't know why they had an attitude but they were obviously NOT happy. They took each of our orders (by this time, the only other patrons had left) and in a reasonable amount of time, brought most of our food out. One couple had to wait about another 10 minutes before their food was brought out but that wasn't all that bad.

The food was just "eh". It wasn't great but it wasn't horrible either. When it came time to bring out the checks, one of the waiters had just ASSUMED (since we hadnt discussed it prior) it would be all on one check. When my guests started to get upset about this, I informed him that they should all be separate. I was told this could not be done. I then told the waiter that he would need to figure out a way even if it meant going to each person and finding out specifically what each person had ordered. Instead, he decided to only separate the checks by table. I was obviously getting upset and so my the. Fiancé decided that would work out. When people began to get their checks, they noticed that he added 20% to EACH TABLE for gratuity!!! WHAT!? The service was slow, rude, and the food was just not that great!! They didn't have a bunch of drunkards to look after and we ended up being THE ONLY party in the restaurant for the entire time we were there (at least 2 hours) !!! They had NO OTHER business!! We could understand 15% MAYBE, but 20% each!?

All in all, after the whole wedding was said and done, this dinner was the WORST part of our wedding weekend. You're WAY better off going to Eddie's Bar and Cantina!!!

1  Thank Doublejo16
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My friends and I went here on a Saturday morning for breakfast. We wanted to try something local instead of going to The Egg and I down the street. The menu was pretty limited and the food/service was alright.

1  Thank Chris E
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Wife and I had been driven out of the trail road by snow at higher elevations and were casting about for some place to eat a late lunch about 4pm and finally stopped at Molly B. Let me get to my main complaint. I ordered a bowl of chili and a Caesar salad. I know, weird, but just wanted a "snack" before a late dinner. To my taste, the chili was Armour or Hormel dressed up with a little cheese on top and some onions, greens, etc. also thrown on. Salad was sub standard. To be fair, my wife enjoyed her Reuben and the fries were good. Local Golden Ale is highly recommended for those who like their beers on the lower side of "hoppiness". Come on guys (or gals), one restaurant no-no is serving something I can buy in the can at the store.

1  Thank Jimmy49463