“Best Restaurant AND SERVER in Estes Park”

Notchtop Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #9 of 146 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: The Natural Food Restaurant, Bakery and Cafe in Estes Park, Colorado. The Notchtop offers wholesome Breakfasts and Lunches, and an unsurpassed view of the Rocky Mountains in Rocky Mountain National Park.Opened in 1993, Notchtop is a unique made-from-scratch style cafe. Everything is available to-go, so give us a call and we will have your meal ready whether it is breakfast on the run, a picnic in the park, or catering for your wedding.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

There are three components that make or break a restaurant: Food; Ambiance; and Service. Notchtop scores a ten for the first two. The food is fantastic. The ambiance is wonderful.

The service, however, isn’t a ten. It’s an ELEVEN.

And the reason for this is summed up by the absolutely best service I’ve ever had at any restaurant ever - all thanks to Judith. Twice my wife and I have visited and twice she was absolutely perfect. Friendly, professional... she anticipated our every need. When we told our friends about the restaurant - we actually told them to ask for Judith. I can’t remember another time where I gave a referral for a restaurant and mentioned the server before I mentioned the food!!

The breakfast and lunch menus are huge and all that we ordered was outstanding. A must visit!

And don’t forget to ask for Judith!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Nailya1985, Owner at Notchtop Bakery & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review, you totally made our day!!! we made sure Judith knows about your kind words, please come again!

Write a reviewReviews (886)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Estes Park is lacking above average food, but not here. We had our best meal while being here for the week. The breakfast burrito was amazing as well as the service. You won’t be disappointed.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thank you very much, we glad you enjoyed our café !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly, the menu was great (lots of options), the cappuccino was good, and the service was excellent.
However...I ordered a dish with poached eggs and came with a side of their cubes home style potatoes. The dish was delivered to me already cold. The eggs were overly poached, almost no runny middle. And the potatoes had the strong pungent flavor of old grease. Maybe floating on the constant churn of tourists and losing the drive to be truly excellent at what they do?

1  Thank Roux-de-LA-vi
Nailya1985, Owner at Notchtop Bakery & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

I'm sorry you got cold benedict, none of my servers told me about it, I wish we could of had a chance to fix it for you! Thanks for letting us know, we will work on it

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Varied menu, all of which is tasty. Food is well prepared and served hot. Coffee is very good, high quality. Sausage is worth the extra cost, but bacon is great too. Recommend the Notchtop highly.

Date of visit: September 2019

thank you very much, we glad you enjoyed everything and our homemade sausage

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been to Estes many times but just discovered Notchtop. Seems like a local place, apparently we didn't look like regulars, lol, but the food was tremendous. I had a wonderful salad, so good.

Date of visit: October 2018
Nailya1985, Manager at Notchtop Bakery & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Lori! we glad you enjoyed it and we'll see you again in Estes!