New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Very good food, tourist town prices” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Notchtop Bakery & Cafe

Notchtop Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #9 of 129 Restaurants in Estes Park
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Natural Food Restaurant, Bakery and Cafe in Estes Park, Colorado. The Notchtop offers wholesome Breakfasts and Lunches, and an unsurpassed view of the Rocky Mountains in Rocky Mountain National Park.Opened in 1993, Notchtop is a unique made-from-scratch style cafe. Everything is available to-go, so give us a call and we will have your meal ready whether it is breakfast on the run, a picnic in the park, or catering for your wedding.
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Very good food, tourist town prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The breakfast food was very good! Portions were huge, my wife and I could have shared and still had leftovers. Price seemed slightly high, but probably normal since Estes Part is a tourist destination.

I would recommend to family and friends.

1 Thank Ahunter79

Denver, Colorado
“Quiet and filling breakfast...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We ate here on a Monday morning, the place was empty. It was nice to enjoy a quiet meal.

I ordered the cranberry almond wheat pancake combo. It was A LOT of food. I brought half of it home. The pancakes were not only large, but tasted fantastic!

The waitress was very friendly!

United States
“What am I missing here?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Maybe all these positive reviews are about the breakfast because I cannot figure out how this place has such high ratings. I went there for lunch and the food was uneatable. The service is great, our waitress was very nice. But the food...wow, how can you mess up a burger?

1 Thank KCPlaza
Greeley, Colorado, United States
“What a great selection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We LOVED this restaurant! I was afraid it would only have pastries but that was actually a small part of the menu. They offered smoothies, a great selection of coffees and teas, and endless choices of creative fare on the breakfast menu. Everything was freshly made from good ingredients. I had a veggie sandwich which was eggs, pepper jack cheese, avocado, and tomato on whole wheat toast, with a side of turkey bacon. My husband had a frittata and fruit which he enjoyed very much. My mouth watered looking at the selection of soups they would be offering for lunch. We will be eating here again.

Greeley, CO
“Cute place, great prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband decided to try this place after finding out the doughnut shop was closed. I ordered hot tea and a raspberry muffins. Both were great. My husband had the Eggs Benedict which is one of his favorites, and he enjoyed it. We found the food good, and the prices reasonable. I would like to return and try the coffee and more of the baked goods.

Visited February 2013