“Good food, good service”
Review of Dunraven Inn

Dunraven Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Dunraven Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 137 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Prepared with only fresh and quality ingredients, Dunraven Inn in Estes Park, Colorado offers delicious homemade Italian cuisine. Dine with us tonight!
Reviewed August 14, 2007

We enjoyed this italian restaurant in Estes Park, Co. It is a good alternative to the many steak and hamburger restaurants in Estes Park. The service was prompt and friendly. The food was very good. It was a little bit pricy, but it is Estes Park after all.

1  Thank Trip takker101

Reviewed August 12, 2007

My husband and I recently ate at the Dunraven for our 1st wedding anniversary. We ordered dinner and a bottle of wine. The waitress was good and the food was good. We were even commenting on how we would like to come back.....until the owner approached us and asked us if we wouldn't mind leaving because he needed the table for someone else. We were still drinking our wine and had just finished desert. We were very dissapointed and had never been asked to leave a resteraunt before. We sat at the table for about 10 more minutes in shock. We just decided to leave, without causing a scene. However, about 10 minutes later, I called the owner from my cell phone to let him know that I was very dissapointed and that I would not be returning to the resteraunt again. The owner said "good, it's probably a good thing".
I was very discouraged that the owner responded this way and I would not recommend this resteraunt to anyone, especially on a specail occasion.

11  Thank ColoradoRoxanne
Reviewed July 21, 2007

We experienced our second visit in the last 4 years to the Dunraven Inn in mid-July. (On both occasions, we’ve visited the original location on HWY 66.) I strongly encourage reservations. On a Thursday night at 7:15, diners without reservations were waiting 30 to 45 minutes for a table.

The restaurant is housed in an older, historical location. The small building oozes charm. Somewhere along the line, folks began customizing dollar bills with markers and hanging them in the restaurant. The place is literally covered with dollar bills—an estimated $13,000 is currently hanging on the walls and ceilings.

The Dunraven features a full service bar. I enjoyed a dirty martini—one of the better I’ve ever had. The menu includes appetizers, pasta entrees, steak entrees, and seafood entrees. The Dunraven is reputed to have some of the best seafood in the area, largely due to their policy to only serve fresh and sustainable seafood that is flown in from Alaska. All entrees include garlic bread and a huge, delicious salad of mixed greens, tomato, black olives, and your choice of homemade dressing and blue cheese crumbles.

I was craving traditional and ordered their spaghetti with meatballs. My companion was also craving traditional and ordered the spaghetti with meatballs and sausage. Both dishes included their famous meat sauce. Our waitress was delightful—always there at the right time with a smile but never hovering. When she served our entrees, she said, “Good luck.” We needed it. As we had remembered, the servings were huge. We ate as much as we could and took the rest back to our condo. The remaining meatballs and sausage made delicious picnic sandwiches the next day. The pasta was a terrific side dish to our dinner the next evening. A diner at a nearby table had ordered the Alaskan Halibut and it looked wonderful. Another diner had the calamari in marinara. I plan to order it next time.

With a cocktail, house Chianti, and two entrees, our bill came to well under $40. We’ll definitely dine here again when we next return to Estes Park.

3  Thank Muriel12
Reviewed June 25, 2007

The Dunraven was a bit farther off the path than we expected but well worth the trip. The host/owner and our waitress were crusty and brusque (in a good way) and were excellent hosts! The restaurant was very busy at 8:30 at night and somewhat loud, but the food and service were excellent. Our table ordered a great variety of foods (steak and seafood, including oysters), many recommended by our waitress, and all were excellent and prepared just as ordered. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and had no difficulty conversing and taking our time with our meal. We will return!

4  Thank Hillbillie
Reviewed June 20, 2007

My wife and I visited the Dunraven Inn last month on a Thursday night. The host was abrupt/somewhat snobby, and he seated us against the wall at a table where there was little room to move--let alone eat. It was busy that night, and so the service was slow. I expected things to calm down after a while, but they didn't. I also had the sense that the host wanted to turn as many tables as possible. As for the meals, they were ok. I had the Seven-Cheese Alfredo and my wife had the Ziti. Neither were spectacular. All in all, I would probably go out for pizza at Bob and Tony's than return to the Dunraven Inn for a 'nice meal.'

1  Thank theeasycure