TripAdvisor
Estes Park
Post
Inbox
Search

“A Culinary Jewel in the Backwoods”
Review of Dunraven Inn

Ranked #18 of 148 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Prepared with only fresh and quality ingredients, Dunraven Inn in Estes Park, Colorado offers delicious homemade Italian cuisine. Dine with us tonight!
Reviewed September 30, 2019

Dunraven was recommended by a friend who is a frequent visitor to Estes Park. He advised Dunraven had the best Italian food in the area. My immediate thought was, compared to what? I did not say that, however. There was no need to insult my friend's tastebuds.

While I did not eat Italian food at other places, I sampled or ate three different dishes at Dunraven in two visits. Their meatballs and red sauce rival any I have tasted in the country, and their version of Eggplant Parmesan might be the best I've tasted. The Baked Ziti was less remarkable but very good.

The Inn is one POPULAR place with locals, regular visitors to the area, and anyone who has asked for advice from friends before traveling. Thus, it is packed, and reservations are highly recommended. The bar tables and bar are first-come, first-served, and that is where we dined the first night. However, the only difference between dining in the bar area and the dining rooms are the view surroundings and activity. The food was excellent, even if it was take-out.

There were other items on the menu, not Italian, that sounded and looked delicious. We just ran out of days and wanted to try some other places. I believe you cannot go wrong ordering anything on their menu.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,744)

Reviewed September 28, 2019 via mobile

It was crowded on a Thursday night in mid September. But there’s a reason. Good food. Good service. Good ambience.

I had chicken fettuccine Alfredo. Wife had lasagna. Both very good.

If you’re going make sure to have a reservation.

Reviewed September 27, 2019 via mobile

Went for the 2nd time in 4 years and not disappointed. I had the cioppino ,and my wife had the linguini with white clam sauce. Both had lots of fresh seafood , especially the small clams. Both red and white sauces were hearty and tasty, big city Italian. Service was fast and efficient. Tables were a little close together.

Reviewed September 25, 2019

We went here on a personal recommendation of friends who ate here every time they visited Estes Park. We had the Stuffed Rigatoni and the Fettuccine. Both were large portions that were very good. The bread, soup, and salad that accompanied them were really good as well. Our waiter was Collin. He was friendly and informative. If you decide to try Dunraven’s out, be sure to make a reservation as it is rather popular.

Reviewed September 24, 2019

Tasty steaks with wonderful sides in a comfortable atmosphere. The restaurant is clean and well organized.

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to Dunraven Inn? Share your experiences!