“Great Italian meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dunraven Inn

Dunraven Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Dunraven Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 127 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Prepared with only fresh and quality ingredients, Dunraven Inn in Estes Park, Colorado offers delicious homemade Italian cuisine. Dine with us tonight!
Liberty, Missouri
“Great Italian meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was recommended to us, and we were not disappointed. Prices were good, and even though we went without reservations (not aware we should make them) they found a spot for us and were very nice about it.

Visited September 2013

Columbia, MD
“Great Lasagna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Dunraven Inn bills itself as "the Rome of the Rockies" and I was skeptical of it from the start, but their Italian food is great. My husband had the prime rib and loved it although I thought it seemed very fatty. He had it with garlic mashed potatoes which he was not impressed with and a special salad of greens, cranberries, raspberries and nuts which he thought was wonderful. I had their fabulous lasagna, a huge portion of tomatoey, herby, cheesy goodness. It came with a salad and I highly recommend their creamy garlic dressing. They have a lovely list of wines by the glass as well as the bottle. It was a surprising and delightful evening. We'll definitely go back the next time we're in Estes.

Littleton, Colorado
“Lasagna!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have been coming to dinner at the Dunraven since the 70's. There are new owners since we last visited but it seems they have kept the good recipes. My husband loves their lasagna! We also love the creamy garlic salad dressing. It is a fun place and service is always good. We have learned to make reservations, or expect a wait since it is a popular place. We like the second dining room because it is not quite as noisy for some reason.

Visited August 2013
Wisconsin
“Awesome Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We ate here on Wednesday, 8/28/13. We didn't have reservations (and knew we should have) but they told us 40 minutes and we were fine with that. We had a drink at the bar, and I must admit I was a little worried. I had an old fashioned and my husband had a gin and tonic and it was $15. Where we live, it would have been $5.75, but oh well. We were on vacation so we blew it off. Loved the atmosphere, but it was very loud. The acoustics could be tweaked a little. Our waitress was very helpful and attentive. My husband had the Sausage & Peppers entrée. I had the seven cheese alfredo. Our 19 yo daughter had shrimp scampi and our 13 yo son had salmon (his first experience with that fish). We all really loved our meals. The salad that we had was one of the best ever. I know that may sound strange, but it really was good. The garlic dressing was amazing and the greens were so fresh and crisp. My son doesn't like salad or soup, so we had him order soup and the rest of us split it. Very good. And the bread served with the olive oil and I think it was a red wine vinegar was delicious. My son couldn't get enough of it! Not counting the drinks before dinner, it was $99 and that included 2 sodas and a half carafe of merlot. The desserts looked great, but we were too full to try them.

Keystone, Colorado
“Better Italian Plus in Estes Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

This restaurant is a little off the beaten path, and was Not recommended by our hotel, however it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. We tried the Italian menu, classic lasagne and meatballs and spaghetti ...both outstanding and huge portions. A generous cocktail to start due to a 20 minute wait ( w/o reservations ) on a week night, and a nice bottle of well priced wine were both appreciated. If we went again we would try the extensive sea food menu which was advertised as fresh, not frozen, and as we sat we saw numerous great looking dishes being served to others. Good seafood is hard to find in Denver, never mind Estes Park.

The lasagne was one of the best I have had, with very zesty sauce, meatballs and sausage and a truly authentic mozzarella ....the noodles were just right ..not soggy from sitting in a casserole dish for hours.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Dunraven Inn? Share your experiences!