“The Rome of the Rockies”
Review of Dunraven Inn

Dunraven Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Dunraven Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 135 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Prepared with only fresh and quality ingredients, Dunraven Inn in Estes Park, Colorado offers delicious homemade Italian cuisine. Dine with us tonight!
Laramie, WY
“The Rome of the Rockies”
Reviewed October 8, 2007

My husband and I loved this place. The menu has pasta, seafood and steaks, the prices are a little high but that is to be expected in Estes Park. It was my husbands birthday and he got free spumoni with a candle and the waitress sang Happy Birthday :-) The waitstaff and food was fantastic!

1 Thank Robin_g_Despain

Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Delicious Food, Wonderful Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 23, 2007

First of all, don't get this placed confused with the Dunraven Downtown...they are two totally separate establishments. We made reservations at the Dunraven Inn after reading the positive reviews on tripadvisor.com and checking out the menu on their website. Do yourself a favor, and give this place a try. It will be an unforgettable experience. Reservations are highly recommended, especially on the weekends. We dined in on a Friday evening and the place was slammed, which I consider to be a good thing. The staff was very friendly and provided excellent service, even though they are all very busy. They offer several traditional Italian entrees as well as beef filet, lobster, and even a selection of fresh fish. I had the Alaskan halibut; and outside of eating in Alaska, it was the best halibut steak I ever had!

2 Thank Chicubfan
Lincoln
“worst service ever!!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2007

We didn't have a reservation so we sat at the bar for 1 hour, which we were fine with as it was a Saturday night. When we were finally seated we waited at least 5 minutes to get any water. Then a young couple were seated right next to us. Finally the manager noticed that we didn't have any water and sent the waitress over. She brought our water and then did the same to for the couple next to us. The young man at the next table mentioned to the waitress that he knew who she was because of a roommate he had that knew her. In the mean time we are still waiting for her to take our order. She then proceded to take their order first, and then take our order. It took some time to get our food, which wasn't too bad, but when she brought it out to us she brought the next tables food first! Now I realize that she knew these people were locals but I do think that tourists should be given the same considerations as any other customers. I will not be giving high marks for the service. I have to say how disappointed I am in the restaurant as I have always heard nothing but high praises. Also we go to Estes at least twice a year and will definately not be going back there to eat.

1 Thank Juniper25_2000
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed August 14, 2007

We enjoyed this italian restaurant in Estes Park, Co. It is a good alternative to the many steak and hamburger restaurants in Estes Park. The service was prompt and friendly. The food was very good. It was a little bit pricy, but it is Estes Park after all.

1 Thank Trip takker101
colorado
“will not return”
Reviewed August 12, 2007

My husband and I recently ate at the Dunraven for our 1st wedding anniversary. We ordered dinner and a bottle of wine. The waitress was good and the food was good. We were even commenting on how we would like to come back.....until the owner approached us and asked us if we wouldn't mind leaving because he needed the table for someone else. We were still drinking our wine and had just finished desert. We were very dissapointed and had never been asked to leave a resteraunt before. We sat at the table for about 10 more minutes in shock. We just decided to leave, without causing a scene. However, about 10 minutes later, I called the owner from my cell phone to let him know that I was very dissapointed and that I would not be returning to the resteraunt again. The owner said "good, it's probably a good thing".
I was very discouraged that the owner responded this way and I would not recommend this resteraunt to anyone, especially on a specail occasion.

11 Thank ColoradoRoxanne