“Something different to do”

Backbone Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: ATV, Jeep and Harley Davidson rental in Estes Park Colorado. Helmets, maps and delivery to the trail are free.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Rented 2 ATV's for a morning- that was the perfect amount of time. Took an hr to drive there from Estes but completely worth it- beautiful area. Very friendly and helpful. I was concerned it would be crowded, but only saw 1 other group then the 2 groups we started with. Lots of fun

Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)
All reviews
in 18 reviews
"person atv"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were 2 families of four, (2 adults and 2 teenagers in each family) the adults were on two, 2 seater ATV's and the 4 teenagers each had their own ATV. None of us had been on ATVs before. My husband was driving one of the 2 seaters and I was sitting behind him. The terrain was, in my opinion, extremely rocky and I felt like I was going to tip over several times. I was very scared for myself, our kids, and the whole group. We did not expect there to be as many steep and extremely rocky areas as there were, as well as areas where the ATV seemed like it would tip over at any moment. My sister-in-law and I got off several times and walked. The constant jarring was hard on our backs. We made it to the top and yes it was beautiful but if I had known what the terrain was like I would not have booked this excursion. In my opinion, this is not for beginners. Our necks were very sore the next day. I blame myself for not asking more questions about it and not researching the trail more. I did talk to Andy, the owner, when we were booking and he felt it was fine for beginners but I think this trail is better suited for people that have had at least some experience. On the positive side, Andy was very thorough with all the safety procedures. I asked him about maybe one of his co-workers going up with us and he sent Brian with us which was very nice and Helpful. Brian was extremely patient with our group. With a group of 8, he had to stop several times and make sure we were all there and ok. Also, none of us got hurt in any way. (3 of the teenagers hopped off of their ATVs during the ride because they thought it was going to tip over and one ATV ended on the side of the trail by the tree and Brian came back to help, the other 2 hopped off and got back on on their own.) Overall, for us, we just felt it was not for beginners.

2  Thank Texasgirl1118
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We absolutely loved the jeep we rented from Backbone. They are very accommodating and super nice people to work with. They supply a Garmin with all of the trails programmed into it which made it easy to find our trails and saved us alot of time. Highly recommend them for your jeep, 4 wheeler, UTV or scooter rental in Estes Park.

1  Thank PegySue
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family rented the 6 seat UTV and had a great time. We rented the UTV for the day and time flew by. We had a picnic lunch and all the sires you could want. My wife was a little bit unsure but the gentle men that was giving our instructions was very positive and helpful,and they are very conscious of our safety. Backbone Adventures is a great family owned business and I am sure we will be back. Even my 3 daughters all teengers said they would like to come back and go for another ride.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My buddy flew in town and we booked an ATV reservation with Backbone Adventures. The person who handled the reservation called us back within a few hours, set us up and details were emailed later.

We met Andy when we arrived and he got us going very quickly. I grew up riding dirt bikes but my friend had only ridden a few times. Andy gave us the safety talk, went over the map of the trails, guidelines for dealing with rocky terrain, and we were off.

For those familiar with CO terrain, none of it should be a surprise given the location. The trails vary between smooth open sections interweaved with slightly rocky to very rocky sections. Those with common sense will ride with caution and after getting comfortable with the machine, have a fantastic time. Those without will probably injure themselves and damage his equipment.

The 3 hours we rode for was just enough for us who do not ride frequently however, I think 4 hours would have been perfect. We saw fantastic views into RMNP and atop of Storm Mountain Trail. Overall it was an excellent experience and well worth the money.