“Great Woodfire Pizza”
Review of Picnic In The Park - CLOSED

Picnic In The Park
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: September 17, 2013 following the Disastrous Colorado Floods...Picnic In The Park will Re- Open on February 1st. 2014 and Ready to Serve Estes Park Locals and Visitors!Picnic In The Park is a Wood Fired Pizzeria and Deli located at 552 W. Elkhorn Avenue in Estes Park, CO, just West of Downtown and 4 miles from the main entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park located next to the historic Elkhorn Lodge on the Big Thompson River. Picnic In The Park features authentic Neapolitan style wood fired pizza using Italian imported "00" Caputo flour, Italian imported San Marzano tomatoes which are grown at the base of Mt. Vesuvius in the rich volcanic soil near Naples and we use only the best high quality, freshly prepared, natural and low to no preservative ingredients available. Our NY Style Deli Sandwich is famous and touted as the best in town and true to and rivaling those on the east coast. The quality of our food and the wood firing shines through in the great taste experience you will have with any menu choice at Picnic In The Park. In the summer season, Picnic In The Park turns on its Rotisserie Oven and roasts chicken, corn on the cob (seasonally available) and serves traditional style picnic sides like potato salad and baked beans. We will create you a wonderful picnic basket meal in a traditional picnic basket or backpack that you can take along and treat your family to in the park or at our outdoor seating. Or try a great sandwich and snacks stuffed in your backback for a majestic RMNP hike. When you are finished with your day in the beauty of RMNP, treat yourself and your hungry family to a wonderful mouth-watering pizza hand made and fired to perfection in just minutes. Picnic In The Park prides itself on Friendliness, Cleanliness, and Quality and we work hard to be consistent in all of these areas so that every customer experience is as good and as important as the last. We not only greet you when you come in but we greet you when you leave, we are always happy to meet new people and visit with both new and old friends. We are newly remodeled, with modern yet rustic decor, and we provide an atmosphere that is not only inviting but interesting to experience. Our wood fired pizza making is an art, an Estes Park experience, and a memory to make. Don't miss this fantastic option during your next Estes Park visit, stop in and give us a try! Delivery available.
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Really enjoyed the pizza, the people and the cookies! Would go there again on our next visit to Estes Park!

1  Thank Dana B

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This place was recommended by another traveler and I'm glad we tried it. The pizza was delicious and the crust thin and crispy just like I like it! I highly recommend the buffalo chicken and the cowboy....both were yummy. I will definitely come here again the next time we are in town.

1  Thank nikkip3334
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This small establishment just opened and stumbled across genius when they put in the woodfire pizza oven. If you've never had woodfire pizza, let's take a second to set some expectations for you. This is not going to be the deep dish Chicago style pizza where you fill up on so much bread that you barely finish the pizza. This is a thin crust topped with just enough ingredients for the perfect flavor. If you're super hungry, grab the Rocky Card & use the BOGO discount 'cause two of you will devour two pizzas. The buffalo chicken pizza, meat me, Texas pizza, & margaritia pizza are all amazing. The caprese salad is excellent & for dessert you really really would do yourself a favor by trying the bread pudding.... did I mention they cook their bread pudding with Jack Daniels?? Emmm......

If you're not going to eat in the restaurant, make sure you've got a quick trip home as the pizza tastes the best immediately coming out of the oven (as is the nature of a good woodfire pizza).

I've ordered from PitP for a big office meeting & it was a hit with everyone, and it's a hit with my partner and I when we just don't feel like cooking after a long day working.

2  Thank Pinxto
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The very nice owner was running the restaurant by himself as two employees had the flu. We were comped with wonderful chocolate chip cookies for the wait. With the Rocky Card, the wood fire grilled pizza was buy one get one free. For someone who had been hiking or snowshoeing, the 14 inch pizza would need to be consumed by two people to be filling. Either that or have a generous salad with your pizza. The thin and somewhat flexible nature of the crust limited the volume of ingredients that could be added. The chicken, bacon, red pepper, mushroom, provolone pizza with garlic white sauce was very tasty. On a 14 inch pizza, you had about 5 bites of chicken, maybe a half piece of bacon, 4 slices of mushroom, and 3 thinly sliced red pepper rings. The beef, sausage, green pepper, onion, and mozzarella pizza fared better but do not think the toppings will match the proportions of a Pizza Hut Supreme. The quality of the ingredients was evident. If I had paid full price for the pizzas, I would have been unhappy. Since I paid about $19 for two of them, I can not complain. There is very limited seating, about 6 people. This is a pick up and take home or to the park type place. The sandwiches being enjoyed by folks at lunch looked quite generous.

2  Thank fv1989
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The pizza crust is the best crust I have had in a long time. Prices are reasonable and the people are super friendly.

I will definitely be back……many times!

1  Thank Tyger37