“safe scenic fun ride” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of New Venture Cycling Day Tours

New Venture Cycling Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 26 Tours in Estes Park
More attraction details
Owner description: New Venture Cycling offers fun and exciting downhill bike tours in Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park, Colorado. Enjoy the splendor, dramatic scenery, and olfactory sensations of Rocky Mountain National Park from a bicycle!
Lincoln, Nebraska
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“safe scenic fun ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

roll down trail ridge on good quality bike at a safe comfortable pace and picnic near aluvial fan. we rode from the fan to the shop also at our own pace so finishing brisk workout ride was fun. with the in town trails estes is a decent bicycling destination. lots of rides in the valley near lyons also.

Dallas, TX
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“What a great thrill!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

My wife and I took our four kiddos (ages 12 - 17) on this bike ride last week. We all really enjoyed the trip down. The views from the top of Trail Ridge road were incredible. I would say that 95% of this ride is downhill with three or four decent inclines that you will need to bike up. They have nice bike that are in good shape and a knowledgeable staff.

We stopped after three hours and had a picnic at the Alluvial Fan. It was a nice spread of salami, cheese, trail mix, bagels, etc. After lunch we then headed over and checked out the falls. The falls were beautiful and worth the stop.

After lunch, we were given the option to ride the van back to the bike shop or ride the 7 miles back to the shop. I would highly recommend riding back to the shop. Its a great ride through town and around Lake Estes.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank USPnTX
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Must do! AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Myself and my two best girlfriends decided to do a bicycling adventure on the recommendation of a Colorado native after having done lots of adventures here in Colorado. Including climbing a 14er and skydiving. I googled searched and found this place and it was featured in National Geographic. So we called and booked. This morning we left Denver at 5:45 am to meet in Estes Park for our adventure at 7:30 am. We did arrive early. Once we arrived we were greeted by Avi, Andrew and Elliot who fitted us for helmets and bikes. Then we got in the van and road to the top of Trail Ridge, approximately 12,000 feet. The ride up was a little rough for my two friends who got a little car sick. BUT the view was amazing and we were off. The van followed behind. We had one guide in the front and one in the back at all times. These guys were AMAZING!! They were kind, polite, personable, helpful, and full of knowledge. Most of the ride was down hill except for one kind of big hill and a little hill. After lunch there was more flat ground ride which I enjoyed a lot as well. We biked 28 miles in all. The ride and view was absolutely AMAZING!! I will do this trip every time I come to Colorado. It is so worth the money. the website is www.coloradobicycling.com

This is seriously a MUST DO!!! LOVED every moment and didn't want the 28 miles to be over!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank kperry23
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Thrill ride for all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

My 19yr old daughter and I did the trail ridge ride and WOW..... Ken and Wayne were so knowledgeable and thorough with guidance and information on the mountain. It is about 28 miles downhill with just a couple of small inclines that you can walk up if necessary. This was the best value for a full morning of unforgettable memories. i intend to get back on my bike after having so much fun.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Myrpm
Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome way to see Estes Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband, my two daughters, and I went on the North Fork Cinnamon Roll downhill bike trip with this company. It was fantastic. First, the equipment included new mountain bikes, fitted for each of us (Giant Boulder model). My kids were very happy with the bikes that were each appropriately measured for us, and the company made sure to adjust the seats for the best fit. In addition, the guides tested each of us out before taking us on the road to be sure that we all understood how to use the brakes and were comfortable with the bikes. We brought our own helmets, but they had some available for those who don't. Second, the guides were great. Dennis led our trip, and he was training a new guide (new to the company but had led tours for other companies for many years). Both of them were fantastic and seemed genuinely interested in making sure we all had both an exhilarating and safe experience. In addition, Kenneth (?) prepared a wonderful spread for us about 2/3 of the way down. It included homemade cinnamon rolls, two kinds of juice, water, trail mix (with M & M's, to my kids' delight), cheese, crackers, salami, fresh fruit, carrots, broccoli, and other things that I am sure I am leaving out. Also on the way down, we stopped in a very small town. Dennis took us to a craft gallery that sold all kinds of cute work that the owner made and that she obtained from other artists in the area. We bought something, and the guide was kind enough to carry it down for us in his backpack (the store also ships). The two guides sandwiched us in between them while we biked on the road. The biking itself was wonderful. It was a beautiful day, and the roads we took were not heavily traveled --- at least when we went. I counted a total of three cars that passed us during the 2-3-hour trip. The scenery was also really nice, and it was so much better to experience the fresh air of the mountains while riding a bike than to sit in a closed car zooming through the mountains at speeds to great to really appreciate what you are seeing. I highly recommend this trip. All of us really enjoyed it. The trip is a bit on the expensive side, but we found it was money well spent.

Visited June 2011