“Awesome way to see Estes Park”

New Venture Cycling Day Tours
Ranked #4 of 26 Tours in Estes Park
More attraction details
Owner description: New Venture Cycling offers fun and exciting downhill bike tours in Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park, Colorado. Enjoy the splendor, dramatic scenery, and olfactory sensations of Rocky Mountain National Park from a bicycle!
Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Awesome way to see Estes Park”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My husband, my two daughters, and I went on the North Fork Cinnamon Roll downhill bike trip with this company. It was fantastic. First, the equipment included new mountain bikes, fitted for each of us (Giant Boulder model). My kids were very happy with the bikes that were each appropriately measured for us, and the company made sure to adjust the seats for the best fit. In addition, the guides tested each of us out before taking us on the road to be sure that we all understood how to use the brakes and were comfortable with the bikes. We brought our own helmets, but they had some available for those who don't. Second, the guides were great. Dennis led our trip, and he was training a new guide (new to the company but had led tours for other companies for many years). Both of them were fantastic and seemed genuinely interested in making sure we all had both an exhilarating and safe experience. In addition, Kenneth (?) prepared a wonderful spread for us about 2/3 of the way down. It included homemade cinnamon rolls, two kinds of juice, water, trail mix (with M & M's, to my kids' delight), cheese, crackers, salami, fresh fruit, carrots, broccoli, and other things that I am sure I am leaving out. Also on the way down, we stopped in a very small town. Dennis took us to a craft gallery that sold all kinds of cute work that the owner made and that she obtained from other artists in the area. We bought something, and the guide was kind enough to carry it down for us in his backpack (the store also ships). The two guides sandwiched us in between them while we biked on the road. The biking itself was wonderful. It was a beautiful day, and the roads we took were not heavily traveled --- at least when we went. I counted a total of three cars that passed us during the 2-3-hour trip. The scenery was also really nice, and it was so much better to experience the fresh air of the mountains while riding a bike than to sit in a closed car zooming through the mountains at speeds to great to really appreciate what you are seeing. I highly recommend this trip. All of us really enjoyed it. The trip is a bit on the expensive side, but we found it was money well spent.

Visited June 2011