“Yum!”
Review of SummitView Coffee

SummitView Coffee
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: SummitView Coffee is a very unique coffee shop. Of course we offer traditional coffee, espresso and lattes, but our house special, the Chicken Fried Latte(tm) is a one-of-a-kind blended masterpiece. Add to the above: 16 teas- all available hot or iced, 54 flavors of syrups and sauces, including a number of sugar free options, Gluten Free pastries, locally made chorizo, spicy sausage, bacon or breakfast burritos, locally made bagels on which we put bacon or ham, cheese and egg and above all, attentive, creative barista who will make your visit one to remember!
“Yum!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

The girls were very helpful & patient with me while I made my coffee choice. They offered to adjust their menu to meet my needs. It was a good experience.

• Visited July 2013
TonyFromAmityville, Owner at SummitView Coffee, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Patience is a virtue they say and it's great to hear they worked with you to make the visit enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to write about it. We look forward to your next visit.

florida
“Zero rating not available”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have been to Sunnit View many, many times - always good. Today, not so much.

We arrived, the 3rd car in line. We waited nearly 25 minutes. When our order was taken, the young lady said thanks for waiting and asked if we needed anything else. I joked and said, "Yes, the last 20 minutes of my life back".

She was pissed. She turned and said "I think that was quite rude." I apologized - twice. She then said "You could have gotten out of line anytime you wanted." I corrected her by letting her know the drive thru lane does not have room for exit. When she handed me our coffee, I apologized a third time. She then said "I suggest not coming back here if you do not like to wait."

Couple pointers for management/owenrship. Train your employees if you plan on only having 1 person work there in Estes Park in July. I was the customer, if I recall correctly, and at nopoint did she have any right to speak back at all - all she had to say was, "Sorry for the waiting- we've been swamped."

Let's face it - only 2 cars in front of me....and coffee takes how long to make? 25+ minutes is unheard of, and when I left, 4 cars were behind me. Learn to train your children working there and staff the place appropriately.

• Visited July 2013
TonyFromAmityville, Manager at SummitView Coffee, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Wow, while I knew that someone would have a negative experience, I was not ready for one like this. Regardless of the circumstance, the response you received was inexcusable and will be addressed immediately. Having been there many times, you know how hard we work and that service is usually exemplary- as you stated. None of our children work there and the person who took your joke to heart has served thousands and thousands of drinks. We only have on person there in the afternoons where business is sporadic. For the record, a response like this is never acceptable from an employee whether she was making 5 different drinks for one car or not.

We can certainly appreciate you being upset with her response and the more I read it the more frustrated it makes me. The response speaks to someone taking a slight personally when they were doing the best they could. Please accept our apology for an unacceptable response made in the heat of the moment. You know her well; a response like this is totally uncharacteristic so taking the one negative experience to TripAdvisor rather than asking to speak with me, the owner is upsetting. I'll be there all afternoon Sunday if you'd like to stop in and chat. I'd like to apologize in person.

All of your reviews are positive though you hadn't reviewed SummtiView previously. This tells me that you were really offended and I only wish the words could be taken back. We really do pride ourselves on serving you quickly, consistently and above all courteously. This focus will never change and we appreciate the opportunity.
“Great coffee!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stopped there this morning based on the reviews we read on here. We had the caramel latte. It was One of the best lattes I have had, and I have had Many! The girl that waited on us was super friendly! Would definitely go back!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kjasina
TonyFromAmityville, Owner at SummitView Coffee, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for the opportunity to provide you with a great latte and for taking the time to rave about it! Our espresso beans are roasted right down the road in Boulder by a firm that's been consistently excellent for the last 28 years. We look forward to seeing you again.
Chesterfield, Michigan
“Great coffee fast service!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We saw this place on Trip Advisor and had to try it. It lives up to its ranking. Great coffees and lattes, with fast friendly service. When you are in Estes Park stop by Summitview Coffee!

• Visited July 2013
Thank you for visiting us after seeing us on TripAdvisor and for taking the time to write a review! Be well.
“Great!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We went the first morning, but they weren't open yet. Apparently, Estes Park people like their sleep! I'd never heard of a coffee shop that doesn't open until 7! Maybe we were just up so early because Donut Haus opens at 6am... Nevertheless, we still had to try the chicken fried latte, so we went back later... My hubby didn't like it, but I think he would have with just one shot of espresso instead of two. I also got a Rutting Elk, which was good, with a yummy cinnamon touch. I'll be back!

Visited June 2013
TonyFromAmityville, Owner at SummitView Coffee, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for trying the Chicken Fried Latte and writing about it!