“Alpine Trail Ridge Inn is wonderful!”

Alpine Trail Ridge Inn
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Dallas, Texas
“Alpine Trail Ridge Inn is wonderful!”
Reviewed July 8, 2008

The Alpine Trail Ridge Inn is a cozy, clean, and comfortable place to stay in Estes Park. Even though it is on the road to Rocky Mountain National Park, it was quiet at night.
The staff is very friendly and helpful and even gave us a chance to check out a diferent room before moving (we wanted a King balcony unit).
We will definitely be back here!

• Liked — The view from the balcony and the cleanliness of the property.
  • Disliked — Very small bathroom.
2 Thank Jeepl8r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Finnish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2008

We liked this place very much. The staff is very accommodating and eager to please. The location is excellent. The restaurant is quite nice -- and a big plus, since many Estes Park hotels do not have a restaurant.

The rooms were a bit small, though, and the windows were relatively small for being in such a fabulous place.

All in all, we'd stay there again with pleasure.

Chicago
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Basic motel accommodations, somewhat dated but very clean. Price for Estes Park in the summer was very reasonable. Front desk staff offered great hiking recommendations. Hotel is about as close as you can be to the entrance for Rocky Mountain National Park.

Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed June 2008
Central Illinois
Reviewed July 6, 2008

This is a great place to stay and a real bargain in the Estes Park area. I stayed twice on a recent trip and both rooms were clean, comfortable and perfectly adequate for me travelling alone. The staff was very friendly and helpful - the office is cute and bright with a great selection of coffee and hot teas.

Its location is perfect for getting into Rocky Mountain National Park quickly and for avoiding the congestion of downtown Estes Park.

• Liked — Being able to park right outside my room
  • Disliked — Wireless Internet service was a little weak
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
New York City
Reviewed July 3, 2008

Overall, my wife and two small children greatly enjoyed our two-night stay in the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn. We chose the Western Family Unit A, which is basically two connected rooms, a very small one for the kids, and a large comfortable one for the adults. We paid about $150 plus tax per night, which is as good as you're going to find in Estes Park, the most expensive place we encountered in Colorado outside of Denver.

As many have mentioned, it is a charming older style hotel, with wood paneling, etc., in the rooms, but exceptionally clean and comfortable. Think of it as a nice mom-and-pop establishment. There was a small mix-up when we checked in, but the staff (the owners?) resolved matters very quickly and completely to our satisfaction.

For us, the location couldn't have been better. I believe that it is the last hotel you encounter outside of town on the way into Rocky Mountain National Park. They offer coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in the lobby, and a pleasant place to enjoy them outside among the mountains.

It might bother some that in the larger room the tv is awkwardly located, i.e., you cannot comfortably watch it from the bed. I don't believe we ever had it on, however. The kids did watch the one in their room quite comfortably. Also, be aware that there is no bath tub for the little ones in either bathroom.

Okay, my one caveat, and for us it's a biggie. I had a lot of trouble connecting to the wireless internet. The first day I was there it was merely slow. After that I couldn't get anything. No, it wasn't my computer or my settings. I was able to connect to another hotel close by (without being able to sign in) and afterwards I stayed in five other hotels in Colorado where I connected in various ways without a problem. I tried all the different Alpine Inn signals and all kinds of other things but had no luck. When traveling, I really rely on a good connection for keeping in touch with friends and family, researching hotels and restaurants (Tripadvisor!), keeping up with the news, and, these days, watching television shows and movies. In other words, no matter how great the place is, I probably wouldn't book it if it didn't offer a good internet connection.

I want to emphasize that I did not report this to management and perhaps it was a one-day thing or there was some other explanation. That was just my experience. Other than that, you cannot go wrong with this hotel.

• Liked — Location, comfort, cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Internet connection.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
mtnpoet2, Operations Manager at Alpine Trail Ridge Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2008
I agree with this reviewer that the wireless connection has not been the quality it should be at times. I have been working with my provider to upgrade equipment, but it has been delayed by backorders. He also has had some major system-wide problems which were weather related. We even had a wireless switch in the office which overheated and caused problems with the system.
The defective switch has been replaced, and I am waiting for the installation of more equipment to make our wireless system more reliable. I'm sorry he did not tell me about the problem, because there are some things I can do here in the office to check the system, and we could have connected him to a neighboring lodging property system, which we do with each other if one property is having problems. The moral of the situation is to always kindly let the office know about any problems, because we can usually solve them or find another solution.
St. Charles, MO
Reviewed July 2, 2008

This hotel is first and foremost CLEAN. The staff is VERY friendly and accommodating and most eager to please. The rooms are small, but the price is affordable. The shower was very small, but the water pressure was excellent. The heated pool was clean and private.
The location of the property is the only downfall. It is smack in the middle of an intersection of two major roads. There is NO open space, grass, or outdoor seating. You are in the rooms, or in the parking lot. Period. We were traveling with 2 grandchildren and there was NO PLACE aside from the pool (which sits in the parking lot) for them to play.
But if you are going to Estes Park to enjoy your days in Rocky Mountain National Park and looking for a place to crash in clean comfort without paying resort fees, this is your place!
I'd give it a big thumbs up in that regard.

• Liked — Friendliness of Staff and overall cost
  • Disliked — location and size of room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank rockymountainhigh57
Tallahassee
Reviewed July 1, 2008

This is a very clean, family owned motel. Our room was very spacious with a vaulted ceiling and balcony. The bathroom was small but spotless. It had everything we needed. Microwave, refrigerator, and a great recliner. Parking at the door to the room. There was also a restaurant next door not owned by the hotel that was very convenient and had excellent food. We needed nothing extra. Our room was equipped with everything we required. Great room for the money.

• Liked — Very clean and convenient