“Clean and Affordable”

Alpine Trail Ridge Inn
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed July 2, 2008

This hotel is first and foremost CLEAN. The staff is VERY friendly and accommodating and most eager to please. The rooms are small, but the price is affordable. The shower was very small, but the water pressure was excellent. The heated pool was clean and private.
The location of the property is the only downfall. It is smack in the middle of an intersection of two major roads. There is NO open space, grass, or outdoor seating. You are in the rooms, or in the parking lot. Period. We were traveling with 2 grandchildren and there was NO PLACE aside from the pool (which sits in the parking lot) for them to play.
But if you are going to Estes Park to enjoy your days in Rocky Mountain National Park and looking for a place to crash in clean comfort without paying resort fees, this is your place!
I'd give it a big thumbs up in that regard.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank rockymountainhigh57
Write a ReviewReviews (1,175)

Reviewed July 1, 2008

This is a very clean, family owned motel. Our room was very spacious with a vaulted ceiling and balcony. The bathroom was small but spotless. It had everything we needed. Microwave, refrigerator, and a great recliner. Parking at the door to the room. There was also a restaurant next door not owned by the hotel that was very convenient and had excellent food. We needed nothing extra. Our room was equipped with everything we required. Great room for the money.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2008

Our family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids ages 9, 12 and 14) just completed a two-night stay at the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn in Estes Park and it was great! The motel is in the perfect location for visiting RMNP - less than one mile from the main entrance. The updated room was very clean and had everything we needed, including a rollaway bed. The staff was helpful and very pleasant. We enjoyed the warm outdoor pool, as well as the hot drinks (coffee, tea, cocoa) in the office throughout the day. One tip when staying here - don't shop at the small grocery store near the motel. Find the Safeway store in town, prices are so much more reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2008

This is an older motel, very clean which they pride themself on. We stayed here on our way back home from touring all the Utah National Parks and the Grand Canyon. Husband and I are picky about clean, and after a few nasty ones on our vacation, this was a real pleasure to be able to relax and enjoy our stay after visiting the Rocky Mountain National Park. We ate twice at the restaurant right next to the motel (owned by the same people, which is why both are so clean ). Good food, reasonably priced and would highly recommend both the motel and restaurant. Some of the nicest and most accommodating front desk help we have met so far (both in motel and restaurant). Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Location: Just off the beaten track. Not an issue getting into town or the RMNP.

Road Noise: Yes, it's a bit of a problem, but not too bad. Remember this is a MOTEL.

Value: Best price in Estes Park.

Cleanliness: Yes, very clean.

Equipment/Features: The gas heater worked well, but was VERY NOISY. I believe it was just my room. Also the toilet suffered from "jiggle the handle" syndrome. Otherwise, everything worked as expected.

Bottom line: recommended for a cheap, clean place to stay. Nothing elegant here - just simple sustenance.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2007

I found this nice little motel right here on Trip Advisor and booked it based on the wonderful reviews it got on this website. We were not disappointed. It is a very nice, CLEAN, motel with a kind staff. On the second to last day in Estes Park, I became very ill. I was suffering from a severe gallbladder attack and did not know it. I was pretty miserable for 24 hours straight and by the time I knew I was going to have to fly and travel (a 1.5 hour drive & with 2 layovers) I felt like I needed medical attention. I called the motel manager at 5:30 in the morning so I could make a long distance call to my doctor and he was nothing but kind and understanding about my situation. He allowed me to use the phone as my cell had terrible reception and did not charge me for the call and inconvenience. I appreciated the care and concern, especially being in the kind of pain I was in.
The ONLY negative I can say about our stay is that the pillows were horribly hard and uncomfortable. Believe me, when you spent as much time laid up as I did, it could have helped a little.
No big deal though.......we loved our stay at the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn and in Estes Park.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Darby0197
mtnpoet2, Manager at Alpine Trail Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2007

I thank this reviewer for his kind comments. I don't remember him mentioning anything about the hard, flat pillows or the extra firm bed. We would have been happy to replace the pillows with new Fossfill pillows which we had purchased for all the beds, but had not gotten them out in all of the rooms in August. We would have also moved him to another room with a different bed if we had availability. At the least, we would have purchased a special foam pad to put on top of the mattress. All things are solveable if we are made aware of the problem!

Reviewed November 5, 2007

Clean and well kept motel. Staff was very accomodating and helpful in guiding you towards things to do. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed: October 2007