“Cheap and clean”

Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Broomfield
“Cheap and clean”
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Location: Just off the beaten track. Not an issue getting into town or the RMNP.

Road Noise: Yes, it's a bit of a problem, but not too bad. Remember this is a MOTEL.

Value: Best price in Estes Park.

Cleanliness: Yes, very clean.

Equipment/Features: The gas heater worked well, but was VERY NOISY. I believe it was just my room. Also the toilet suffered from "jiggle the handle" syndrome. Otherwise, everything worked as expected.

Bottom line: recommended for a cheap, clean place to stay. Nothing elegant here - just simple sustenance.

• Liked — The price.
  • Disliked — Far from elegant.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Finnish first
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed December 27, 2007

I found this nice little motel right here on Trip Advisor and booked it based on the wonderful reviews it got on this website. We were not disappointed. It is a very nice, CLEAN, motel with a kind staff. On the second to last day in Estes Park, I became very ill. I was suffering from a severe gallbladder attack and did not know it. I was pretty miserable for 24 hours straight and by the time I knew I was going to have to fly and travel (a 1.5 hour drive & with 2 layovers) I felt like I needed medical attention. I called the motel manager at 5:30 in the morning so I could make a long distance call to my doctor and he was nothing but kind and understanding about my situation. He allowed me to use the phone as my cell had terrible reception and did not charge me for the call and inconvenience. I appreciated the care and concern, especially being in the kind of pain I was in.
The ONLY negative I can say about our stay is that the pillows were horribly hard and uncomfortable. Believe me, when you spent as much time laid up as I did, it could have helped a little.
No big deal though.......we loved our stay at the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn and in Estes Park.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Hard, flat pillows and way too firm mattress
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Darby0197
mtnpoet2, Manager at Alpine Trail Ridge Inn, responded to this review, December 27, 2007
I thank this reviewer for his kind comments. I don't remember him mentioning anything about the hard, flat pillows or the extra firm bed. We would have been happy to replace the pillows with new Fossfill pillows which we had purchased for all the beds, but had not gotten them out in all of the rooms in August. We would have also moved him to another room with a different bed if we had availability. At the least, we would have purchased a special foam pad to put on top of the mattress. All things are solveable if we are made aware of the problem!
East Texas
Reviewed November 5, 2007

Clean and well kept motel. Staff was very accomodating and helpful in guiding you towards things to do. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank FamilyManEastTexas
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 4, 2007

Chose this hotel because of the reviews and was not disappointed! Clean, comfy, quiet, but the staff made us feel so welcome, that was the topper.

Called to book and spoke with the owner who was very nice and efficient. We asked for directions to some trails we could go off-roading, and to our surprise, the 50ish lady at the desk knew exactly where to direct us- too bad it had just snowed.

The room was very clean. Stay was so peaceful. Shower was good- there was a window in it that looked out to the upper parking lot- which was a little weird when people were in the parking lot- but better than no window or no fan.

There was an extra sink and mirror in the room, which made for good room to get ready while the other was in the bathroom. Free Wifi in the room and two computers in the lobby. The restaurant next door had pretty good breakfast- bananas and cream and the usual menu. Will definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Friendly people
  • Disliked — I didn't get to stay longer
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Where2this_weekend?
Nebraska
Reviewed October 3, 2007

Our family of 3 (which includes a 4yr old) enjoyed our stay at the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn. We stayed in the Western Family Suite and it worked perfectly for us. The staff was extremely accomodating and helped us find things to do in Estes and Rocky Mtn Park. The hotel is very conveniently located and is right outside Rocky Mtn Natl Park, plus it is a short distance to downtown Estes. Two thumbs WAY UP!

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank Sc00terT
Torrevieja, Spain
Reviewed September 21, 2007

Wow! After reading all the reviews I quickly booked a balcony room here and whilst the property is in places a little dated. The whole area was very clean, and the rooms were certainly very comfortable.

We were made to feel very welcome and had the opportunity to watch the elk come out in the evening. Would recommend this Inn the everyone and anyone, young and old.

My only complaint was that we did not stay long enough in what is truly a stunning area.. But hey that is my problem!! :-)

Stay here you won't regret it!!

• Liked — room with a great view
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mikeinspain
San Antonio
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We really enjoyed our stay at the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn. We stayed in the Western Family Unit A, a 2 bedroom suite with 1 queen bed and 2 dbl beds. It was a perfect setup for two couples allowing privacy but also included common space that could be shared. Each bedroom had its own bath (one was a 1/2 bath) and the rooms were very clean. The staff was exceptionally nice and especially helpful when we requested a restaurant recommendation. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed August 2007