“Superlative Customer Service”

Alpine Trail Ridge Inn
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. I wasn't disappointed. I arrived to Estes late and called to tell them so...no problem they said. Will you want dinner somewhere? Yes? What are you in the mood for? Here's some suggestions. Reserved the room on your visa but want to change it to AMEX? No problem. Need a breakfast recommendation? Here you go...with a discount. I travel extensively for business and I have stayed at 5-stars with less focus on customer service. So what you have here is a family-run hotel that takes great pride (and it shows) in their service. The hotel itself is nice. It's not fantastic, it's not run-down. It's clean and has all the basic amenities in an old-school highway hotel kind of fashion (and I mean that as a complimet). It is a bit outside of town, but the shuttle stops right there and if you have a car it's three minutes to downtown. So...If you are looking for an up-to-the-minute, granite-countertop, fruit-infused vodka-bar full of people trying to impress each other hotel...move on. This place is not for you. If you want a clean, affordable hotel with a nice pool, cable, comfortable beds, some dated furniture (chrome and glass just wouldn't fit Estes anyway) and owners and staff that take a "JD Powers is here" mentality towards service...then this is your place. It's certainly mine the next time I'm in Estes.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dan w
Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night. It was a last minute booking. They took us immediately. Even gave us a discount. They were super nice, and very helpful. The room itself was a bit anti-clamatic, considering their the third highest-rated hotel in Estes Park, and the bed left something to be desired (namely a decent night's sleep.)

Having said that, it's cheap, it's clean, it's quiet. Nothing special. But nothing to be afraid of either. Great customer service, convenient location.

Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Joshua B
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this motel 1 night. We called the Estes Park visitors information office, they will help you locate a place to stay based on your wants and needs (very nice and helpful). We were given quite a few hotels, cabins, etc that fit our needs. Called the Alpine Trail Ridge Inn, spoke with "Debbie" who was so nice and helpful. We arrived at the motel and it looked fine. Totally impressed with the parking spaces, no way to get door dings. Once in the room we were very pleased, it was newly updated and extremely clean!. The bed was very comfortable. The only problem we had was air conditioner was noisy and could not cool the room, probably because the temps. drop so much outside. We finally had to open the windows. We would not hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
mtnpoet2, General Manager at Alpine Trail Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Thanks to these guests for their positive review. On the air conditioner, if they had let me know that there was a problem, I should have been able to solve it. To my knowledge, all of our A/C units work well. I have had situations like this in the past and resolved it by making sure the correct buttons were pushed to make sure it was on COOL. Please do not hesitate to ask for the motel staff to check the A/C if you don't think it is working correctly.
Thanks, Jay Grooters, Operations Manager

Reviewed July 28, 2012

A great place to stay! Alpine Trail Ridge Inn is a gem! Clean, friendly, helpful, reasonable, and perfectly located to explore Rocky Mountain National Park. Loved the room with the balcony and the amazing view of the mountains!

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are awesome and worth the little extra cost.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Very clean. Friendly people. High value for the money. Excellent location. Only thing that would be better is if it was a little closer to downtown Estes Park so you could walk there from the hotel quicker. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I am not sure if I can add much to all the wonderful reviews of this hotel. I had a king size room which was wonderful. Everything in the room looked new, I had a view of the mountains. The bed was very comfortable. I loved the soft chair with the foot rest. I didn't interact with the staff much because I had my trip planned out. I believe I did ask two questions and they went out of their way to answer. Large bathroom. I really liked your own personal parking space. You park right in front of your room. This has the feel of a really high end hotel but the AAA price was very reasonable. I stayed here for 5 nights July 19- July 23.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I spent one night in the Western King Suite. All was as advertised and VERY CLEAN. Inn workers are all kind, efficient and helpful. The motel provided complementary coffee, tea, apple cider/hot chocolate packets, sugar, creamer and hot water in the registration office...this is always a nice gesture toward gracious hospitality and I want to thank Alpine Trail Ridge Inn for offering this to your guests. In our room, we loved the twin recliner chairs and fully equipped kitchen. We enjoyed our meals in the quiet of our room. The king bed was comfortable, with lots of plump pillows. Since this suite was made from former rooms 115 and 116, I would have designed the room so the King bed/bathroom was on the side of the room without much light and that the table/kitchen area was on the side with the windows and light. These are my only two complaints: 1. the kitchen/eating area is too dark and the sleeping area is too light, 2. the price we paid, $159, for the room was too high. I would have been happier if it were $20 - $40 cheaper. The hotel is VERY close to the Rockies, making multiple trips very convenient.

Room Tip: When booking, you might want to ask for a front row balcony room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
mtnpoet2, General Manager at Alpine Trail Ridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

My thanks to these guests for their candid comments. This is a new configuration in these rooms and it's very good to find what they liked and did not like.

Our reason for putting the bed where it was is that there is not much view of the mountains from this unit, but with the special blinds that we put in which can raise from the bottom and/or lower from the top, guests can lower them down from the top a ways and have a view of the Twin Sisters mountains while laying in bed and still have their privacy.

We chose to put the kitchen over on the other side because that was where the existing plumbing was for the small bathroom which had been there, and we could utilize that without having to jackhammer up the concrete to hook to water and sewer. To switch the basic locations would entail some heavy financial costs which are not in the budget right now.

We will certainly look at increasing the lighting in the kitchen, desk and dining areas. Next year we will be remodeling the bathroom to take out the shower and put in a tub/shower. On the price, we are looking at ways to increase the value or be more flexible on the rates until we can do the future remodeling.

The large TV is a definite selling point, and we are looking into the possibility of putting in about 8 units a year, along with the larger MIcro-Fridge units.

Thanks, Jay Grooters, Operations Manager, Alpine Trail Ridge Inn