The Evergreens on Fall River was a great place to stay for our trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. It is only two miles in one direction to the restaurants, groceries, shopping, churches, and other attractions in the quaint town of Estes Park. In the other direction, it is only one mile to the entrance to RMNP.
We rented a one bedroom cabin and, like other reviews had warned us, it was actually half of a duplex. The only time it being a duplex was an issue was late one night when we were having trouble sleeping on the spongy-soft bed; we could actually hear the gentleman in the other half of the duplex snoring. The following night, we chose to sleep on the fold-out sofa bed, which was more comfortable.
All in all though, it was a nice cabin. The kitchen was well-equipped, the bathroom and dressing area were adequate, and the bedroom and living room were fair-sized. But the things we REALLY liked about the place were:
* the instant-light gas fireplace
* the location close to the park and to the town
* the back porch overlooking the beautiful river (babbling brook) approx. 50 feet away
* spending time on the river bank
* relaxing in the hot tub
* both front-desk managers we spoke with were very friendly, very helpful
* surprisingly good Internet connectivity
* the trickling sound of the river at night
With all these nice features, we were more than willing to compromise on the quality of the mattress mentioned earlier.
Recommended dining options in Estes Park include: Pura Vida (Costa Rican restaurant), Nepal's (Asian restaurant), and Safeway (prepared salads and meals to go)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Evergreens on Fall River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Evergreens On Fall River Hotel Estes Park